Rajaah's CRPG Blog

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just got to act 4 of my DOS2 run. The item generation outside of uniques has sortof fucked me in that I was unable to truly beef up some stats but it hasn't mattered. I simply do way too much damage as an archer with multiple movement skills and stealth. Straight up unload AOE arrows on fuckers. I wonder how many turns it will take me to do the last fight.

How different from BG1+2 is Divinity?

Since BG3 is apparently gonna be more like Divinity I'm curious what the difference is.

abyss is threatening to overrun everything always. both in dnd and pathfinder.

its kept in check, firstly due to constantly at war with itself. Then secondly constantly at war with Hell. pathfinder doesn't specifically have the bloodwar, but, its still happening without the name.
And then, any forces not preoccupied with the first two are a stalemate with mortals and heavens.

which gives you an idea of the powerlevels of each. the entirety of LG, NG, and CG heavens combined only can stalemate like a 1/10th of the Abyss.
These universes are multiverses, and entire planes fall into the abyss constantly, as it expands across the multiverse.

in pathfinder, CG gods are specifically known for going into the Abyss and stirring up shit, to purposely keep them fighting each other.

Yeah it seems like the Abyss is really the big threat of the D&D verse, not Hell (which I always thought was the ultimate foe). So now I'm getting more interested in the Abyss.

Sounds like if the Abyss had competent leadership (an Asmodeus) they'd be able to overwhelm every other plane.

I am going to do a full autist BG run as Rajaah has inspired me. What mods package did you install?

Also this build might be fun GNOME FIGHTER ILLUSIONIST BUILD, Baldur's Gate 2

I've done Shapeshifter, Solo Kensai, Solo Berserker... so we'll see what I figure out for this run.

Glad to inspire the 'tism in other people. This whole CRPG run I'm doing is full-on Maximum 'Tism and the crazy part is it wouldn't surprise me if I actually finish the thing.

Think I'm gonna focus on BGII/ToB and then do FO1 rather than alternating. After that, Icewind Dale. Then either FO2 or Planescape Torment. Yeah I'm pretty lucky, most people had to wait years and years between these games.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1680280644714.png

Yo, that's uh...that's Vin Diesel

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Yeah it seems like the Abyss is really the big threat of the D&D verse, not Hell (which I always thought was the ultimate foe). So now I'm getting more interested in the Abyss.

Sounds like if the Abyss had competent leadership (an Asmodeus) they'd be able to overwhelm every other plane.
Sortof... but there are other threats..

I think the negative energy plane is a bigger threat in Pathfinder. as its not the same as evil. Negative energy in pathfinder is entropy, stillness, nothingness.
Undead are powered by this. its why undead all become cruel, and uncaring. even a benevolent ghost/lich/vampire will lose emotions, and caring over time.

the universal balance in pathfinder is more positive energy/negative energy, as opposed to good/evil. Pharamsa cares about undead and negative energy way more then evil.

I don't love WOTC as a company, how its handling "the message", perkins and other management. the total simping to Crit role.
Arkhan, the dragonborn herald of Vecna in that book you posted? he's Joe Manganiello's guest character from Crit role s2.

Paizo is doing a far better job imho.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How different from BG1+2 is Divinity?

Since BG3 is apparently gonna be more like Divinity I'm curious what the difference is.

Glad to inspire the 'tism in other people. This whole CRPG run I'm doing is full-on Maximum 'Tism and the crazy part is it wouldn't surprise me if I actually finish the thing.

Think I'm gonna focus on BGII/ToB and then do FO1 rather than alternating. After that, Icewind Dale. Then either FO2 or Planescape Torment. Yeah I'm pretty lucky, most people had to wait years and years between these games.
Divinity is wildly different.

It is, in spirit, a CRPG but rather than taking tabletop and fitting it into a video game without bending its rules they took tabletop as a concept and reengineered it from the ground up so that it was the ideal setup for a video game even if it was an entirely new ruleset they invented.

Not without its problems but it truly excels at giving you 50+ routes to do anything in addition to having stellar combat that promotes thinking outside the box at all times. Like, just today I. used a series of high mobility skills to pretty much circumvent one of the later fights entirely. It was great! This is something that most games really aren't capable of. I do think its skill system is a bit bland as you don't really have classes its just putting points into certain schools of skills and then finding items that + skills more to do more damage.

The Magical Archer build I went with is essentially just a ranged rogue but uses lots of mobility skills and the crafting system to be a powerhouse. I do dislike the randomized nature of loot though. It randomizes stats similar to what you'd see in an ARPG.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tuco Tuco I'll begin hunting through these mods soon and see if I can put together a package.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230331020140.jpg

At one point I got tired of all these rich people talking down to the protagonist so I just went postal on a bunch of them. Then ALL of my party members immediately ditched me and had a lot of choice complaints to make. It was hilarious. Then I reloaded of course.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230331021416.jpg

A lot of the environments in this game are pretty incredible. When I first played Xenogears in 1998 I remember being blown away by some of the towns like Aveh and Bledavik. Getting that same sense of scope a bunch of times over in these Baldur games. Really feels like anything is possible and you could get lost for hundreds of hours seeing everything there is to see. If anything I'm shortchanging myself by only playing them for 20-30 hours and mainly doing the main story. Unfortunately it isn't 1999 anymore and time is my foe.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230330234904.jpg

It's getting steamy in here all of a sudden.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230331000229.jpg

She's barking up the wrong tree, cause Jaheira is wearing one of those "Not Gay" shirts.

Poor Aerie.

I really liked the 6th character in this group (can't remember her name) but she got arrested and I haven't re-found her.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230331031130.jpg

The big battle with Nagafen was the toughest fight in the whole BG series thusfar and took a lot of tooling around to get anything winnable. Also the most memorable fight in the whole series. Doubt it'll top this, but later I fought Vishimtar and that was pretty cool too.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230331031305.jpg

Teh Loots. Got the uber sword, which is why we're here. Not sure what to do with the Red Dragon Scales (and now Black Dragon Scales) that I've got.

Today's the big BGII day as planned. Got some errands to run and then I'll be plowing this a bunch more. On Chapter 3 of 7 (plus however much Throne of Bhaal has).

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Abyss would w
Paizo is doing a far better job imho.
I'm curious why you feel this is true because Paizo is just as bad as WotC and worse in some cases regarding "the message." Paizo is definitely down with getting in step with the woke cult.

To provide some context - I haven't played a single game of Pathfinder, but I own every book for all of the 1st edition adventure paths because they're great for mining inspiration/ideas. However, I've only purchased a couple of the 2nd edition APs because they've all been written in the last few years. I.e. When TTRPG companies opened the woke floodgates. And nearly all of the 2e APs are filled with total garbage and completely transparent, insufferable 'message' characters and stories.

There are a lot of gems in the 1e AP line (though 1e does have some stinkers). However, quality story telling died with the launch of 2e.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Finally slogged through Hogwarts, was going to start my post Elden Ring , Dark Souls run through then this ...... .goddammit I need more time in the day!

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The uppers mainly intervene in the blood war when it spills over into other planes or especially the prime. There's a council led by an arch penitar or something like that. Name kind of made me giggle.

Last I checked our very own RA was the the AP.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I am going to do a full autist BG run as Rajaah has inspired me. What mods package did you install?

Also this build might be fun GNOME FIGHTER ILLUSIONIST BUILD, Baldur's Gate 2

I've done Shapeshifter, Solo Kensai, Solo Berserker... so we'll see what I figure out for this run.
I just installed about 50 mods or so last week using Project Infinity. Took me a bit to figure it out, and I still don't know where to get the command lines for WEIDU logs to initiate, but I installed:

Alternatives
Angelo
Almeterias restoration
Nalia romance mod
Ascalons questpack
Ascension
Auren
Aurora's shoes and boots
Back to Brynnlaw
Banter pack
Bg quests and encounters
Bg2 fixpack
BP BGT world map
Balduran's seatower
Check the bodies
Cowled menace
Dark side of the sword coast
Dungeon crawl
Ee fixpack
Eilistraee
Emily
Fade
Fading promises
Finch
Fishing for trouble
Heroes thieves and money
ISNF
Isra bg2
Item upgrades
Iwdification
Keto
Lucy the wyvern
Nephele NPC
Ninde NPC
Northern tales of the sword coast
Questpack
Reunion
Sellswords
Silver Star
Skip chateau irenicus
SCS
Tangled Isle
The Calling
Unusual oddities shop
Turnabout
Tweaks anthology
Under represented items
Unfinished Business
Wheels of Prophecy
White Queen
Xan for BG2.

I mostly want more content, and NPCs that come with content. I think Isra and Finch are the only ones I've played before that I liked.

• 2Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
You missed a fuckton because it was you, me, goishen goishen and Persian Soap and we always had to save goishen goishen from dying all the time! :p

Dat's true.

There are ways to min/max your character, as well. Summoning & Archer builds I remember are very strong. Plus, I think that TJT TJT said that he was going with a Lone Wolf build. Lone Wolf builds are OP.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just installed about 50 mods or so last week using Project Infinity. Took me a bit to figure it out, and I still don't know where to get the command lines for WEIDU logs to initiate, but I installed:

Alternatives
Angelo
Almeterias restoration
Nalia romance mod
Ascalons questpack
Ascension
Auren
Aurora's shoes and boots
Back to Brynnlaw
Banter pack
Bg quests and encounters
Bg2 fixpack
BP BGT world map
Balduran's seatower
Check the bodies
Cowled menace
Dark side of the sword coast
Dungeon crawl
Ee fixpack
Eilistraee
Emily
Fade
Fading promises
Finch
Fishing for trouble
Heroes thieves and money
ISNF
Isra bg2
Item upgrades
Iwdification
Keto
Lucy the wyvern
Nephele NPC
Ninde NPC
Northern tales of the sword coast
Questpack
Reunion
Sellswords
Silver Star
Skip chateau irenicus
SCS
Tangled Isle
The Calling
Unusual oddities shop
Turnabout
Tweaks anthology
Under represented items
Unfinished Business
Wheels of Prophecy
White Queen
Xan for BG2.

I mostly want more content, and NPCs that come with content. I think Isra and Finch are the only ones I've played before that I liked.
How did you decide which mods you wanted, download them, configure them and sort their load orders? I wanted to do something similar and was overwhelmed with how much apparent work it'd take to do that.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
How did you decide which mods you wanted, download them, configure them and sort their load orders? I wanted to do something similar and was overwhelmed with how much apparent work it'd take to do that.
I've had Big World Project installed before with the option "Total Happiness Plus" which is all the mods that work well in the pack, plus some mods that mostly work.

I'm pretty chill if I have a hundred mods and come across a few that don't work correctly because of conflicts. If some npc or side quest doesn't start, I've got a lot of other content to experience. I don't really install anything that interferes with the main story or major side quests (I only downloaded the Nalia romance mod because it seemed to get a lot of praise).

I used the logs linked in this video and patched the load order together based on how those were set up:
If you don't edit the Weidu log and add command lines before you add it to project Infinity, it will tell you which mods are missing in the log and the mod won't install. The problem I'm having is finding more logs with the command lines to make them work. I thought the command lines would be in the Readme or something, but they aren't from what I can tell. I'm probably missing something very simple.

I'm sure one of the major sites has a whole list of weidu logs to copy lines out of, but I'm settling for what I have now before trying to figure it out more.

• 2Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Teh Loots. Got the uber sword, which is why we're here. Not sure what to do with the Red Dragon Scales (and now Black Dragon Scales) that I've got.
Visit the smith in the Dock district.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Any Fallout 1 mod suggestions? Wouldn't mind improving that experience a bit. Also a bit concerned about the game not working anymore so I might leave it alone. Seems very tenuous already that I got these super-old games (FO, TOEE) working.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230331032906.jpg

Baldur's Gate 2 update! Just reached Chapter 5 so I'm closing in on the end. The whole asylum part of the game was a total PITA. Not sure why exactly, it just was. I pushed through though.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230331040801.jpg

Boo's fur is erect with anticipation. I really like the dialogue in these games.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230331120529.jpg

Found an infinite EXP loop. When you go to recruit the Vin Diesel looking dude Valygar, you can accept him (gets 9500 EXP) and then choose him as the party member who stays behind. Then talk to him again and accept him joining, then decline. It's 9500 EXP every time. Split between six characters it's more like 1600 EXP each time so you'd need to do this about a hundred times per level at this point (10-ish). However considering how fast you can do this, it would probably only take like 15 minutes to do it a hundred times.

I didn't make any use of this sploit myself because it seemed like a boring way to spend time and the game isn't giving me any real grief anyway. Still surprised they missed it. It's possible any time a character joins you post-quest (so there's exp involved) you can do this.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230401091346.jpg

Mazzy kept bothering me about her poisoned dying sister and I eventually had to let her go. It's too bad, I liked Mazzy. However after spending so much time in the first half of the game doing sidequests, at this point I'm just trying to do the main quest. And every time I turn around somebody else is going "help me, Forrest, help me" and I just can't be bugged right now.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230401094634.jpg

I wonder if Knobgoblins are related to Assgoblins.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230401094956.jpg

Like I said I love the dialogue in this game, but it's mainly all Minsc.

Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II_ Enhanced Editions_20230401123431.jpg

Aerie has become my Main Girl in this game, but she has these random breakdowns and I'm getting nervous.

Chapter 5 next. Good to see The Sahagins finally have their own city after numerous games of getting pushed around by hero parties.

• 1Worf

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Rajaah what are you playing on? I tried BG1 last night on a 4k monitor and even with the fonts on max it was eye bleeding tiny. I didn't tinker as I was out of time but want to do a re-run , as you have inspired me.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rajaah what are you playing on? I tried BG1 last night on a 4k monitor and even with the fonts on max it was eye bleeding tiny. I didn't tinker as I was out of time but want to do a re-run , as you have inspired me.

PS4 version with a 65" 4K OLED. The fonts and everything on the default settings are just right.

20230401_094820.jpg

Here's another shot, Vishimtar down.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230401_194650.jpg

Does this guy show up in any of these games? This is the "Out of the Abyss" module. Would be rad to fight him in a game (or go into the Abyss at all). I think someone said Pathfinder 2 has some Abyss?

• 1Like