Rambo V

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
jayrebb jayrebb tell that to Harrison Ford, he is going to be filming a new Indiana Jones movie at age 78.

This is why we can't have nice things anymore.

Ford has been phoning it in for 2 decades now, how could this be remotely successful? He almost ruined Bladerunner 2 for me because he came to the set in jeans and a T-shirt and said "wardrobe, we don't need no stinking wardrobe!"

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Holy fuck was this fun. WOW! I laughed, smiled, and was giddy for almost the whole movie. It was just great. Obviously this wasn't a deep movie, and there's no big character arc, and it's completely predictable. I was so pumped when Rambo finally lost his shit on the first guy... back of the knife to the chest? What? Ok he stabbed the leg. Wait. Wait. No! NO! NO! YES! YES!!! HOLY SHIT! He fucking ripped the guys clavicle out of his chest!!! And of course the whole end scene was amazing. Including when he let the guy knows exactly what it feels like to have your heart ripped out of your chest. HOLY SHIT! He didn't hold ANYTHING back. Nobody is making movies like this right now!!!

Damn!!!

For all the crybaby liberals, fuck off! Trafficking happens, and it's horrible.

Did he die in the rocking chair at the end? Or was that supposed to be ambiguous? Was that him saying goodbye to Rambo?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Holy fuck was this fun. WOW! I laughed, smiled, and was giddy for almost the whole movie. It was just great. Obviously this wasn't a deep movie, and there's no big character arc, and it's completely predictable. I was so pumped when Rambo finally lost his shit on the first guy... back of the knife to the chest? What? Ok he stabbed the leg. Wait. Wait. No! NO! NO! YES! YES!!! HOLY SHIT! He fucking ripped the guys clavicle out of his chest!!! And of course the whole end scene was amazing. Including when he let the guy knows exactly what it feels like to have your heart ripped out of your chest. HOLY SHIT! He didn't hold ANYTHING back. Nobody is making movies like this right now!!!

Damn!!!

For all the crybaby liberals, fuck off! Trafficking happens, and it's horrible.

Did he die in the rocking chair at the end? Or was that supposed to be ambiguous? Was that him saying goodbye to Rambo?
i would say its the end since the film is titled Last Blood and Sly is in his 70s, but if Harrison Ford at near 80 still thinks he can do Indiana Jones films, who fucking knows.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
stallone said in some interview recently that this was the last one. it didn't have the same ominous "i think he's doing to die" feeling that hugh jackman had when talking about logan being the last wolverine movie, but he was definitely joking around about rambo being too old to be rambo and wanted to give him a last goodbye

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
stallone said in some interview recently that this was the last one. it didn't have the same ominous "i think he's doing to die" feeling that hugh jackman had when talking about logan being the last wolverine movie, but he was definitely joking around about rambo being too old to be rambo and wanted to give him a last goodbye

It sure seemed like Rocky in Creed 2 was the end of that line too. He gave the kid his time to celebrate, he went back to his family, etc. Closed the arc they created for him in Creed 1. Sure seems like the last we will see of Rocky and Rambo. Pretty awesome duo of characters Sly created. What a talented man! (Rocky is my favorite of all time)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
stallone is just an iconic person. he's got some serious acting chops when the scene calls for it but he doesn't seem to take acting seriously, if that makes sense. it's like he knows he's an action star and he's happy in that role but then he'll also pull out some dramatic scene and he just nails it. i love action movies... i love arnold, i love statham, the rock... i enjoy their movies but stallone is generally the only one who makes me feel something, if that makes sense

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
stallone is just an iconic person. he's got some serious acting chops when the scene calls for it but he doesn't seem to take acting seriously, if that makes sense. it's like he knows he's an action star and he's happy in that role but then he'll also pull out some dramatic scene and he just nails it. i love action movies... i love arnold, i love statham, the rock... i enjoy their movies but stallone is generally the only one who makes me feel something, if that makes sense
rocky and rambo are both basically stallone. they arent just roles he plays in films. its why when rocky or rambo give a speech they feel like they are genuine and come from the heart. its because he's talking about himself.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Rambo 4 and 5 are more of "his speech" overall- Rocky Balboa he gives it to his son in a perfect scene that was most likely totally unexpected for all viewers and hit them like a truck.

Rambo 4 is much about (similar) to 5... it's like "people of good heart are sometimes willfully ignorant of the evil of man... they walk head first into the fire and try and be the good to show " bad" the way... But then, evil men are evil...some cannot be redeemed and you then need/must and should destroy the "bad" with "bad""

It's very anti modern thought and anti sjw and anti hippy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I miss the old arrogant Arnie. For a brief moment he appeared in that clip, then went back to being a feelsbro

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed it for what it was.. We probably won't get any movies like this anymore, so cherish it :p

Non spoiler complaint about the end (yes it's possible). After the movie ends they show a montage from the other Rambo movies, then...include the ones you just saw in the movie a couple of minutes ago? Felt amateurish....

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I enjoyed it for what it was.. We probably won't get any movies like this anymore, so cherish it :p

Non spoiler complaint about the end (yes it's possible). After the movie ends they show a montage from the other Rambo movies, then...include the ones you just saw in the movie a couple of minutes ago? Felt amateurish....
that was the cast. they named the people as they were shown.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sitting in the theater now waiting for this to start! Can't wait!

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
the goddamned trailers are endless and will legit kill your hearing.
Not bad for my theater. Had a few over loud people making comments and exclamations every single fucking time someone died. So that sucked.

Bottom line this was fucking amazing and I'm glad I went!

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Last one was better, nothing is quite up to the same standards as the .50 cal scene. Drags during the first half, the clavicle and hammer scenes being the obvious exceptions. Last half hour is fantastic. There was nothing racist.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Last one was better, nothing is quite up to the same standards as the .50 cal scene. Drags during the first half, the clavicle and hammer scenes being the obvious exceptions. Last half hour is fantastic. There was nothing racist.

Wasn't the clavicle scene amazing? I know in the last one he ripped out that guys throat. But I think the clavicle scene made me cringe (in the best way possible) infinitely more. I couldn't believe I got to see that in a theater!!!

• 1Like

Brad2770

Do you mean the scene where he was firing the mounted AR-15?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users