Rate the song above you..

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If it wasn't for the music video I probably wouldn't have made it through the entire song. Generic Electronic Dance Song #236. Nothing to write home about here. Song's pretty annoying. I've got the Stockholm Syndrome. Let's say it about 100 more times.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Punch Brothers are awesome, but that song is on the lower half of their stuff in my opinion.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Big Wreck is one of those bands I hear about every once in a while and generates an immediate circle jerk between all those familiar with the material. I should dive into it. I like the whammy work in that song. And of course, the lead singer is an exceptional player.

Big Wreck seems to have a cult following similar to:

Mur_sl

shitlord
7/10 Kings X, man saw them with Primus, and a bunch of others at a gathering of the tribes show, first time I dropped Acid...it was a trip, I think...

OFWGKTA_sl

shitlord
That Clutch song is a 7 or an 8 out of 10. That video is a 1 out of 10 for cutting off a portion of the song.

Love some Russian Circles 9/10, they remind of explosions in the sky's angry drunk uncle.

blue grass and drug abuse - doesn't get much more tennessee.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Love some Russian Circles 9/10, they remind of explosions in the sky's angry drunk uncle.

blue grass and drug abuse - doesn't get much more tennessee.
Mmmmm bluegrass and drugs. 6/10 on Codeine. Trampled get a bit emo for me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Trampled by Turtles tune gets a solid 8/10. I hadn't heard of them until a month or so ago. They were playing at a music festival here that is usually reserved for a lot of over-the-top indie acts so I just assumed they would be too spacey and "out there". I should have known better since Atoms for Peace, Beck and Poolside were also on the bill.

One of my favorite two-minute tunes. So sleazy.

Most of the songs posted in this thread so far have been great. Good job, RR.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Larry and His Flask: bluegrass + ska? 6.5/10.
Eagles of Death Metal: Have tried to get into these guys on a couple of occasions, but just can't seem to do it. 5.5/10

Xeldar

Silver Squire
6/10.

Electro swing has always been meh to me. Using a drum machine instead of a tuba/bass/actual drums to carry the rhythm I don't feel helps the genre. I'd rather just go listen to Gershwin. But it's not like I'm turning that shit off because there's hipster probably dancing and everyone loves grind fucking.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
A 21 minute piece? I love my prog rock and all but I'm not posting that long shit in this thread. And that song has a fuckload of arpeggios. Overkill.