Ravendawn

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This comes out tomorrow, looks interesting. I see everyone describing it as 2.5D Archeage. Build housing/farms out in the world, trade pack runs, class system similar to Archeage where you mix 3 trees (8 total I think), open world PvP with zones rotating between peacetime/conflict/wartime and an infamy system with negatives for PK'ing too much, politics, naval battles and trade (maybe fishing?), etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Guess I'll check some streams, judging from the youtube comments this looks like it'll be a big south american population. Looks like UO/Ragnarok Online kind of thing, which is not bad but Indie+MMO kinda sounds like a recipe for disaster, game is F2P so I doubt it'll be playable for most of the launch week unless they're using some interesting tech to deal with load. Hell the game looks like it'd have been much easier to make as a multiplayer game with server hosting and stuff like V Rising and Valheim. I get the appeal of mmo for open world but well, technical issues are a big problem, especially if the game gains any sort of traction from a few big streamer, they'll be getting slammed by the 20k viewers of Asmongold or some shit and all that stuff goes down to pseudo DDoS.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'd be interested in this if it weren't for the goddamn camera. I'm fine with 2d, but the fact that they made everything look like it's leaning/tilted is such a stupid fucking "artistic" choice.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh looking at a stream I see, I hadn't enlarged the video above and skimmed through it, it does look fucking weird. It's not like the standard isometric it's some weird ass tilted view, it's very confusing to "understand". I guess it just reuses Tibia engine looking at it, which apparently has the same fucked up isometric but not really view. That's a pretty weird choice.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'd be interested in this if it weren't for the goddamn camera. I'm fine with 2d, but the fact that they made everything look like it's leaning/tilted is such a stupid fucking "artistic" choice.

You're not kidding. Jesus, what an awful perspective choice. No idea why you'd want such a high angle and not just go top down.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That really just does look awful as fuck.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Worst camera angle I’ve ever seen. 0/10

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're not kidding. Jesus, what an awful perspective choice. No idea why you'd want such a high angle and not just go top down.

Only thing that makes sense is to make different gear/cosmetics more distinguished than if you're just staring at everyone's head

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like an Ultima Online clone, with minor changes? I haven't played UO since EQ came along, so I'm sure a bunch changed after I quit.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The left tilt looks awful. Vertical tilt is fine (games have been doing that for decades) but horizontal tilt? They're smoking crack

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I downloaded it for some fuckins with

Started as a "holy" - Big-Gypsy on the main server

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The left tilt looks awful. Vertical tilt is fine (games have been doing that for decades) but horizontal tilt? They're smoking crack
Yea I just can't get over it. I keep wanting to rotate the camera just watching that video.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yea I just can't get over it. I keep wanting to rotate the camera just watching that video.
Yup. It really is too bad. I've watched a few streams and the game seems right up my alley, but I just can't fucking do that garbage ass camera. Hopefully they get enough feedback to add an option to change it at some point.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yup. It really is too bad. I've watched a few streams and the game seems right up my alley, but I just can't fucking do that garbage ass camera. Hopefully they get enough feedback to add an option to change it at some point.
Ideally it's all faux iso not actual sprite gfx otherwise lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
Camera angle you get used to quickly. The actual layout of z-axis shit and doorways is awful. And there's a ton of dead ends in PoI's for no reason but to add space. Feels fucking terrible. The movement is 100% what kills this game though.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Having fun with the pals on this while I raid log turtle wow pvp (world boss pvp is gr8)

• 1Cringe

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
this looks like it'll be a big south american population.
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users