Comes out in Early Access on the 6th.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Curse of the dead gods was pretty cool. I think I got to the last tier before I ended up quitting. It had a lot of “memorize this mob attack pattern and play slowly” to it that got me kind of frustrated at the end. This one looks cool and more fast action based, I’ll be checking it out.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the early access content is going to be very limited, like 1 map with randomly placed mobs / items, with 1 boss.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Did anyone pick this up? How much content is there?
It just released 12 minutes ago and I haven’t beat it yet, so it has 12 minutes worth at least.

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 11 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I assumed it released at midnight, keep us posted. I'd like to pick it up.
I can’t comment yet on amount of content but I will say I do like the gameplay.

The combat feels like a slower version of Hades, which while I love Hades I did think it was a little too fast paced. The mob telegraphing is easier for my old ass to react to in this game versus Hades.

The graphics are really cool, I like the art style.

There are ability and stat upgrades as you level or clear little events. There are basic ones like adding attack, and I saw a couple that changed how the abilities worked too, so looks like there could be a lot of build variety based on your choices. Hard to say how much without putting more time in.

Have only tried one class and it was fun, will be interesting trying them all out, looks like they play quite a bit differently from each other. Assuming they do a good job with the ability change upgrades I could see a lot of replayability.

I like how it’s a large open area like an arpg versus a room to room approach like Hades and curse of the dead god.

Didn’t see anything that looked buggy or fucked up but again, short play time so far.

I’ll definitely be keeping it and playing off and on during EA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Gave it some more time and tried the other characters. Definitely a good game.

Gameplay loop is you get put in a map, have several day and night cycles before the “nightmare” boss wakes up to run around the map trying to find and unlock as much power as you can and level up to prepare to fight it when it awakens on the final night. Enemy behavior and some of your powers change during day or night.

As you level up each character you unlock more capabilities on your attacks. Looks like permanent unlocks as you rank the character up, and temporary unlocks as you level up within the map. Looks like about half the abilities are in game so for for the permanent rank ups. Four characters are available, and it shows outlines for two more that are unlockable. Looks like they have room for 12 characters overall.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Saw the reviews on this were mixed so checked them out. They’re all due to the amount of content. I haven’t beat it yet cause I was just testing the characters, but it’s currently only the first map and first boss. Some people said they beat it on their first run, so they had the current content beat in 25 minutes lol. Looks like they released it too early to get good reviews, but at least everything about it is very polished. I’ll probably try to unlock the other two characters and finish a run at least once, then wait to play again until the next map and boss gets released.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I love everything about the game except for the one thing I can't stand, my gaming bete noir: "Rogue-like". Well fuck. It means they don't have to make nearly as much content and I am guaranteed to get frustrated.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Picked this up today, it is really good fun in co-op. It has alot of depth that I didn't anticipate from the genre.

Combat is fluid and fun, highly recommend.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Picked this up today, it is really good fun in co-op. It has alot of depth that I didn't anticipate from the genre.

Combat is fluid and fun, highly recommend.
How’s Geppetto? Saw he got added but didn’t get to try him out and won’t be able to as I’m away from my pc for the next week.

Hekotat

How’s Geppetto? Saw he got added but didn’t get to try him out and won’t be able to as I’m away from my pc for the next week.

I haven't unlocked anyone yet but if I get him unlocked I'll let you know.

I like all the chars but scarlet so far, just not my play style.

Hekotat

I finally beat the level and unlocked Aladdin. Haven't tried him yet but this game is great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Did a few games tonight and this is feeling really solid, definitely worth a buy for a couch co-op. Makes me consider buying a Steamdeck.