Ray Stevenson dead at the age of 58 (Rome, Black Sails, Punisher)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
TJ Punisher had the best fight scene.

wrestlers get a lot of hate for being a "fake sport" all the time, but they take A LOT of hurt without whining about it. thomas jane legitimately stabbed kevin nash with that knife and that's the take they used for the movie. there was an issue with the prop master not exchanging the real butterfly knife with the fake one (with a retracting blade). obviously nash complained about it afterwards but he stayed in character for the shot.

i THINK that's generally common knowledge, but just for the few who may not know about it

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
obviously nash complained about it afterwards but he stayed in character for the shot.
What may not be common knowledge is that they used that take for the final cut of the movie. This is Kevin Nash actually being stabbed in the shoulder/collarbone.

1684931646936.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What may not be common knowledge is that they used that take for the final cut of the movie. This is Kevin Nash actually being stabbed in the shoulder/collarbone.

View attachment 474886
i never watched this version of Punisher, i saw the Dolph Lundgren version. Ray Stevenson version but skipped this one because Travolta looked shitty in the trailer that i thought it was a joke. i guess i need to catch this one too.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i never watched this version of Punisher, i saw the Dolph Lundgren version. Ray Stevenson version but skipped this one because Travolta looked shitty in the trailer that i thought it was a joke. i guess i need to catch this one too.

It's worth a watch if you haven't seen it. I mean, it's corny as hell from beginning to end but it's a good "take your brain" out watch.

Also, Kevin Nash is 6'10"... he's a RL fucking giant.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's worth a watch if you haven't seen it. I mean, it's corny as hell from beginning to end but it's a good "take your brain" out watch.

Also, Kevin Nash is 6'10"... he's a RL fucking giant.
yeah, dude is massive. i didnt know who he was either. 90s wrestling was after i stopped watching.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

View attachment 474886
Damn, kind of like Aragorn breaking his toe kicking the helmet in the two towers. I didn't know he actually got stabbed, that's crazy

j00t

Damn, kind of like Aragorn breaking his toe kicking the helmet in the two towers. I didn't know he actually got stabbed, that's crazy
yeah, the difference is that when aragorn broke his toe, he yells out in anger, whereas when nash got stabbed he just stood there smiling. it's not to take anything away from viggo mortenson, dude is an amazing actor, but nash is a beast.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
yeah, the difference is that when aragorn broke his toe, he yells out in anger, whereas when nash got stabbed he just stood there smiling. it's not to take anything away from viggo mortenson, dude is an amazing actor, but nash is a beast.

Another moment like Nash that comes to mind is Leo in Django. He knifed the fuck out of his hand during the dinner scene and just kept going.

• 1Like

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was more comic book Punisher than the Jane one.
Comic book Punisher doesn't behead people with a combat knife, break someone's neck with one hand or punch his fist thru someone's head.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Comic book Punisher doesn't behead people with a combat knife, break someone's neck with one hand or punch his fist thru someone's head.
RCO017-3-e1529596376907.jpg

Attachments

• RCO017-3-e1529596376907.jpg
    RCO017-3-e1529596376907.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 21
  • slaughtering-a-sex-slave-ring-photo-u1.jpeg
    slaughtering-a-sex-slave-ring-photo-u1.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Damn this guy was great. Loved him in Rome, and he was looking like a good fit in Ahsoka.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure he's done all of those things, and worse.

• 1Like

j00t

Another moment like Nash that comes to mind is Leo in Django. He knifed the fuck out of his hand during the dinner scene and just kept going.
then he rubbed it in that chick's face lol. her reaction was 100% genuine