Ready or Not - - Tactical 1st person SWAT

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so this one came out of no where - it is in early access right now on Steam as of 12-17 and getting ridiculously awesome reviews.

Realism: VOID INTERACTIVE HAVE CONSULTED WITH POLICE TEAMS GLOBALLY IN ORDER TO CREATE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT AND A SCORING SYSTEM THAT ARE BOTH CHALLENGING AND REALISTIC. IN ORDER TO PUSH THE BAR FURTHER WITH REALISM, READY OR NOT MODELS BALLISTIC PENETRATION, RICOCHET, KEVLAR AND PLATE DYNAMICS, AS WELL AS PROJECTILE EXPANSION AND MOMENTUM.

Deep planning system: ORGANIZE AN APPROACH AND STRATEGIZE THROUGH FLOOR PLANS AND MISSION BRIEFS, THEN EXECUTE THE MISSION IN REAL TIME. OFFICERS CAN DECIDE TO DEPLOY WITH ITEMS SUCH AS BALLISTIC SHIELDS, DOOR RAMS, TACTICAL LADDERS, AND MUCH MORE. SWAT UNITS CAN ALSO CHOOSE TO ENLIST PERSONNEL TO ASSIST WITH THE SITUATION, INCLUDING SNIPER TEAMS AND NEGOTIATORS.

Hekotat Hekotat Hatorade Hatorade Regime Regime Muurloen Muurloen
Gator Gator

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I picked this up because it looks great. A bit steep for my group to yolo into it, but we spent like half a LAN on SWAT 4 and this is basically the sequel to that that never came.

Watched a group play it the other night, was hilarious.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've never been a fan of RS6, CS, Valorant type games. Not for me, HLL is just about the only FPS worth playing these days.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bought it and refunded it.

Im the biggest Swat 4 fanboi there is, having logged well over 300 hours in multiplayer. The small house level with basement was so fucking fun 5 v 5. I used to use beanbag shotgun and pepper spray to rack up non lethal arrests (arrests were more points than kills) . The 9mm handgun in that game was the cleanest, best feeling gun experience I ever had in a fps. The sound design, animations and even the graphics were awesome for the time. I would run around and do better clipping people with the 9 millie than I did using an car 15.

Anyway, the base game is pretty fucking tight, its basically Swat 5. Only problem? No pvp multiplayer match making yet. So I pulled out. If they add tdm type multiplayer im 100% in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Loved SWAT, keeping an eye on this. Came out of nowhere. $39.99 seems a bit steep, but we'll see. Another game called Zero Hour is a similar, SWAT style game in early access, and it's going for $11.99 - I haven't played it either, but excited to see this genre come back.

• 1Like

Vorph

DGAF about MP in SWAT 4, DGAF about it here either. How much single player campaign is included right now?

I hope the 'less lethal' stuff isn't so overbearing and unrealistically forced upon you as it was in SWAT 4 too. That's the big reason I always preferred the Rainbow Six series (before it turned into Ubitrash).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
anyone playing this recently and enjoying it?
It's on sale, and I want to pick it up...

this game has had some pretty big updates, most recently with some cool new maps and a huge improvement to AI behavior where they move to flank, take cover in blind spots, fake death, fake suicide, etc.

to me, the problem seems to be relying on quality partners to have a fun session. without a crew to play with, it seems like a fun game that might go underplayed due to lack of access to a premade squad.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
anyone playing this recently and enjoying it?
It's on sale, and I want to pick it up...

this game has had some pretty big updates, most recently with some cool new maps and a huge improvement to AI behavior where they move to flank, take cover in blind spots, fake death, fake suicide, etc.

to me, the problem seems to be relying on quality partners to have a fun session. without a crew to play with, it seems like a fun game that might go underplayed due to lack of access to a premade squad.
I just scooped this and have been playing with a friend. It is infinitely better if you have mates to squad up with online. You don't get NPCs buddies when playing multiplayer so we ended up doing any missions with 2 players (bit sparse). When you go online it's a random rag-tag group and if the lobby host dies early, they almost always disconnect which fucks the party, so i'm not sure that's even worth doing at the moment. Would be insane value if you have 4-5 players to group up with who aren't little bitches.

Xerge

<Donor>
A crew on my discord played this for a bit but it got old quick for them. I told em i'm not touching it until they finally add pvp. Pugging isn't friendly with the lobby host shit and no random cops vs robbers pvp replayibility makes it kinda weak for me

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
yeah, I guess you guys are right.
without a regular crew, this may be better enjoyed on youtube than on my own box.
where my old Arma2 homies at?

Muurloen, Jendryk, Edaw, Moose, Bravo, Bisi, Narg... I summon you!
1656431644323.png

Jozu

The fact that this game doesnt have pvp and Swat 4 did like 18 years ago is a fucking joke.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Finally picked this up and played it for 2 hours.
Holy fuck. Had an absolute blast. Very tactical, and definitely difficult. It was scratching that SWAT 4, RS6 itch.

Lucky a few RL friends are showing interest so that will help. I need to play with the graphics, and settings to get it running consistently smooth.

I could definitely see where this game will lose some shine with the lobbies, and teammates being retarded, among other things though. Very excited to play some more.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Blitz it doesnt bother you there is no pvp? I was literally the biggest Swat 4 fanboy, I must have put over 1,000 hours into that game, easy. 95% of that was online playing 6 v 6 pvp. Same thing with Rainbow Six, I used to love Rainbow Six part one, (before you could actually see your character holding a gun, reticle only lol). Same thing with Rainbow Six Rogue Spear, and later Raven Shield.

If I could not play online pvp matches in those games I would have never really even played them.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Blitz it doesnt bother you there is no pvp? I was literally the biggest Swat 4 fanboy, I must have put over 1,000 hours into that game, easy. 95% of that was online playing 6 v 6 pvp. Same thing with Rainbow Six, I used to love Rainbow Six part one, (before you could actually see your character holding a gun, reticle only lol). Same thing with Rainbow Six Rogue Spear, and later Raven Shield.

If I could not play online pvp matches in those games I would have never really even played them.
I just haven't played it enough for it to be an issue. I only played maybe 2 1/2 hrs so far. It's just nice to have a game that feels like Ravenshield/SWAT 4 in 2022.

• 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I continue to enjoy watching this on Youtube.

I see Muurloen Muurloen picked it up.
anyone else been playing this?

I didn't bite on the winter sale, but I think I'll do it next time.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
i dont get the impression that this game is being designed for team v team multiplay.
it seems to be a pve milsim/policesim scenario game
I could be wrong tho