Realm of the Mad God

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
We had a conversation on this going over at MoreNetz, so may as well get it going here.

RotMG is a F2P bullet hell fantasy themed game with 80ish player game worlds. Best (worst?) of all, you can play anywhere since it is browser based. They released a Steam client as well to capture that audience. Death is permenant (no softcore mode) and no items are recoverable on death by you or others. PvE only, unless you consider training people to death PvP.

What's your favorite class? The highest x/8 max you've hit? Your best drop?

My favorite class is necro, 4/8 is my highest max and my best drop is a Bulwark. I haven't logged on in several months though.

Plaid_sl

shitlord
Round two on rotmg.

I've been playing for the last 2-3 months. Within this time I lost a 6/8 huntress with cbow and dbow, expo, a 6/8 knight with pyra, ogmur, acclaim, a.s.s., dblade, acrop, BACKPACK, a 6/8 wiz with gwhole, gsorc, deto, expo. Pretty frustrated but it's such a great game to pass time with here and there. I'll probably keep playing.

Lost the huntress and the knight soloing dr terrible. Pretty easy solo dungeon but the green bombs are deadly if you don't watch for them constantly.. I was not paying attention on both deaths. I was in complete shock when my knight died. Takes a huge shotgun to gib a knight with 82 def.

Before my knight died, I got a robe of the mad scientist so I'll get a wiz going again and get my karate penguin leveled up.

Huntress and wiz are my favorites. Although it's awesome to have a high level knight to solo certain events/dungeons.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Round two on rotmg.

I've been playing for the last 2-3 months. Within this time I lost a 6/8 huntress with cbow and dbow, expo, a 6/8 knight with pyra, ogmur, acclaim, a.s.s., dblade, acrop, BACKPACK, a 6/8 wiz with gwhole, gsorc, deto, expo. Pretty frustrated but it's such a great game to pass time with here and there. I'll probably keep playing.

Lost the huntress and the knight soloing dr terrible. Pretty easy solo dungeon but the green bombs are deadly if you don't watch for them constantly.. I was not paying attention on both deaths. I was in complete shock when my knight died. Takes a huge shotgun to gib a knight with 82 def.

Before my knight died, I got a robe of the mad scientist so I'll get a wiz going again and get my karate penguin leveled up.

Huntress and wiz are my favorites. Although it's awesome to have a high level knight to solo certain events/dungeons.
I came back and played a bit prior to the 2nd mass duping wave and the pets patch. My necro died in a very careless fashion at 5/8. Since I had done so well with him, I remade him and re-potted, only to die in an Abyss death train shortly afterwards. So I took a break. I've only jumped on lately to have a quick look at the pets system and hatch my eggs.

I don't think I'm cut out for Mad God. A quick lapse in attention, a poorly timed click outside the window or even an unlucky pull can end you in the blink of an eye.

Plaid_sl

shitlord
I seem to be having the dayz effect with rotmg. I remember getting really bummed when I got murdered in dayz when I had decent gear. Didn't really bother me the last couple times it happened. Other than losing my huntress, I haven't really had any nerd rage towards dying. I think the persistent pet helps with that feeling.

Since pets have been released, fame is more important than ever. With that said, I don't understand how some people manage to farm 100k+ fame on one character. Mckellen on the legends board has something like 150k on his archer. The most I've farmed on one character was about 4k (knight). That's with the death bonuses + active farming.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I get frustrated with myself every time I die, even if it was with pretty crap gear. Sad panda. Maybe one day I'll learn to let go.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gave the game another go last night to see how it is with pets. I had an empty char slot, so I rolled a necro. In an hour or two of mostly godlands, I found 6-8 pots and 3 pets: robobuddy, green penguin and a dreidel (lol). I already had a panda (from store), a demon frog (from Abyss) and a chick from when I logged in briefly after the patch. The chick seems like my best option by far (heal, magic heal, attack close).

My initial thought is that the feeding/fusing/yard upgrade process is a very expensive slog. Though the pet bonuses are very nice if you spend the time to level them. Also, seems like a good way to utilize all those drops that are nearly worthless but you can't bring yourself to ignore (non HP/DEF T4 rings, T5 abilities for off classes, etc).

Plaid_sl

shitlord
I'm throwing in the towel for a while.

Add another death in mad lab. I teleported to a player ahead of me @ the boss. A green potion bomb detonated immediately at my feat and 1 shot me. Never saw it. Lost another gwhole, ele det, mad lab robe, and expo. 3/8.... Oryx's minions are too strong.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm throwing in the towel for a while.

Add another death in mad lab. I teleported to a player ahead of me @ the boss. A green potion bomb detonated immediately at my feat and 1 shot me. Never saw it. Lost another gwhole, ele det, mad lab robe, and expo. 3/8.... Oryx's minions are too strong.
Tough break, man. I fully expect to kill myself in some stupid way and shelve the game for another several months.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
So... I didn't die. I accumulated pots and maxed a knight. Total game changer. I haven't been able to swap classes since. That knight eventually died in a tomb shotgun at 6/8, but had accrued enough pots that I re-made him immediately. The new knight is 5/8 (because I am lazy with wis) and doing well so far. I think I may have passed the previous knight in pots found and fame.

Pets also changed the game a lot. Getting an uncommon heal/mheal pet to max massively decreases downtime. And that is just uncommon. I doubt I'll ever get above rare with the log increase in feed power & fame needed to go high tier. But I assume a maxed legendary/divine tier pet makes you damn near invincible besides shotguns.

Nulolan

N00b
Oh man, funny seeing a thread about this here. I played this for a bit when it was very first released, I think I may have gotten a few guys to 20 but besides that I really didn't do much. Now, for the past couple months I play this more then anything else. Its pretty decent amusement even if you don't have much time to play...although a bit frustrating at times.

Over the past week I pretty much lost everything I gained a 6/8 wizard and a few 1/8 to 4/8 guys, so now slowly building up a wizzy as my main farmer. Figure max him first since that's what I'm best at, just use him for trivial things I know isn't going to get him killed so he can just be my fallback guy to farm pots (godlands, sprites, and cem/lab).

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh man, funny seeing a thread about this here. I played this for a bit when it was very first released, I think I may have gotten a few guys to 20 but besides that I really didn't do much. Now, for the past couple months I play this more then anything else. Its pretty decent amusement even if you don't have much time to play...although a bit frustrating at times.

Over the past week I pretty much lost everything I gained a 6/8 wizard and a few 1/8 to 4/8 guys, so now slowly building up a wizzy as my main farmer. Figure max him first since that's what I'm best at, just use him for trivial things I know isn't going to get him killed so he can just be my fallback guy to farm pots (godlands, sprites, and cem/lab).
I hear you. Necro was my bread and butter farm class prior to discovering the knight, and is still the only class I've 5-starred. Having a second maxed char ready to go, or at least the pots to max a char, really helps soften the blow of perma-death.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if anyone on Rerolled still plays this, but the game was hacked today. If you do play, DO NOT LOG ON with characters you care about. Someone got admin rights and has been spawning high level mobs in the Nexus on many servers. You will die as soon as you load.

They also took control of a forum admin account. As of this post, the entire forum and wiki are down as well. Not sure if the parent company shut these down to limit damage or if the hacker did.

The hack was pervasive enough that I question the future of the game. I'm not sure I've ever seen a game compromised so badly before. The guy literally had control over everything. No word yet on whether or not user data was compromised, as all the official site pages (front page, message board and wiki) are down.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like the game is now fun and challenging

Plaid_sl

shitlord
Not sure if anyone on Rerolled still plays this, but the game was hacked today. If you do play, DO NOT LOG ON with characters you care about. Someone got admin rights and has been spawning high level mobs in the Nexus on many servers. You will die as soon as you load.

They also took control of a forum admin account. As of this post, the entire forum and wiki are down as well. Not sure if the parent company shut these down to limit damage or if the hacker did.

The hack was pervasive enough that I question the future of the game. I'm not sure I've ever seen a game compromised so badly before. The guy literally had control over everything. No word yet on whether or not user data was compromised, as all the official site pages (front page, message board and wiki) are down.
haha that is hilarious. I would quit in a fury of rage if my character died from that. I bet they won't even be able to restore those characters that died in the nexus. I'm going to log in with a new char and check it out later tonight, assuming the servers are up.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes, they restored all lost characters into new slots. While they were silent all day, they were furiously working to get the game back up. Seems like they responded pretty well.

They believe the FORUM login db was compromised, but not the GAME login db. So take that into consideration for security purposes.

BTW, anyone still playing?