Realm Royale

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Played a bit last night, was pretty fun. It reminds me of fortnite(without building) with a bit of WoW thrown in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Saw Lirik play it, he seemed to be enjoying it. Right now Ninja and TimTheTatman are playing and liking it a lot. Atm it's the most watched game on steam (due to Ninja's 100k+ viewers).

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm starting this now. It's the game I've been talking about for a year+. Not the game itself, the CONCEPT. Class based, RPG, character upgrade, BRs. Once they make a good MMO and throw a BR into it as well, it'll fully be realized. And I'll be there.

Rock

Hard.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Played 3 games. Took a bit to get used to the aiming (havent played a shooter in awhile) and had to drop sensitivity waaay down. This is the first BR game I've ever played. Got top 10 as hunter on last game and it wasn't a carry :p

Wish they had a solo mode though. Warrior also is apparently super OP with throwing axes or something? Mostly see them now.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hi-Rez, eternally chasing the coattails of whatever is popular at the time.

Is Paladins even still online?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Paladins came out before Overwatch (it was in Beta during OW's creation).

Game is good. I really, really like it. The weapons need tuning and the initial lag can be really bad. I think the reason for no solo at the moment is because of class balance. If a class is overpowered, everyone will play it. Whereas in 2v2 it allows you to outplay that class with a combo of classes. Like warrior seems to be THE class at the moment, but it could easily be outdone by a Mage/Engineer or Mage/X I think. Whereas 1v1 a warrior will just get in your face and fuck you up.

So far I like the warrior. Their throwing axes are good, but other legendaries are as powerful it not moreso. The Assassin sniper is fucking 1200 damage. The Hunter can just spam 800-1000dmg hits on you without even aiming. I didn't get to do mage legendary yet, but I hear it's powerful as well. The best thing about warrior is it regens hp over time and his two pot abilities seem IMMENSELY powerful for just 1v1 action. Pop a shield pot, get in, fuck em up, pop heal pot, keep fucking em up, profit.

This is going to be my game for a while. The concept is fucking solid I just really, really hope they get it right. I'd love a "league" or something where you could earn passives, but I don't think the standard game could handle that. People who play 12 hours a day vs people who play 2 hours every other day.

Also world markers being VISIBLE in the WORLD is awesome. If only there was a quick button to hot-mark a spot like Ring of Elysium, then we'd really be in fucking business. They even added a cooldown to markers so people can't be retards.

• 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Saw Lirik play it, he seemed to be enjoying it. Right now Ninja and TimTheTatman are playing and liking it a lot. Atm it's the most watched game on steam (due to Ninja's 100k+ viewers).

Ninja can pretty much make any game the #1 watched game on Twitch, and that is amazing.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Game is super fun. Balance aside, I think it's more polished than any BR that's come out aside from Fortnite. And even the balance isn't as bad as people think, they're just not good enough to counter warriors yet. It's like Fortnite at the beginning if you could build, you were God and people screamed "nerf building!" Now building is a fundamental part of Fortnite (for better or worse) to be good at the game you have to be good at building. In this game you NEED to use your abilities and not just hope to 1 shot everyone with legendary weapon + x ability.

That said, some of the legendary weapons are a bit much. 1200 for a bolt action sniper is okay, but 1000dmg for a bow you can spam? Maybe not. Though ranger skills suck dick so maybe it makes sense. Mage weapon needs stronger seeking on the projectiles and it'd be legit. Engi gun seems really, really good. Warrior axes are basically long range shotguns which is very meh.

Oh, and pro tip. Get a high lvl poison pistol. It penetrates armor and at the end game that means you can basically 1/2 some one's hp to kill them.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This shit pissed me off. I played 5 games and I point blanked a dude for 1500 damage and he lived then killed me... Multiple times I did several thousand damage to someone and they didn't die at all....

But then they kill me in 3 shots. Is there some bullshit going on I am unaware of?

Xevy

Log Wizard
At the end game (20 or fewer) most people have full legendary armor or close to it. That's effectively double HP. 1200 armor + 1200 hp. By contrast I think a full set of white armor is +200 armor.

The fact you can make armor and don't have to just find it like PUBG means it's way way more prolific. Some may think that's bad, but honestly with the TTK on legendary weapons/abilities it's perfectly acceptable. A fucking ranger can still almost two shot you in full legendary in about 2 seconds flat at any range.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Wonder when Blizzard is going to throw their hat into the ring for this genre

• 1Like

Salshun

Silver Knight of the Realm
At the end game (20 or fewer) most people have full legendary armor or close to it. That's effectively double HP. 1200 armor + 1200 hp. By contrast I think a full set of white armor is +200 armor.

The fact you can make armor and don't have to just find it like PUBG means it's way way more prolific. Some may think that's bad, but honestly with the TTK on legendary weapons/abilities it's perfectly acceptable. A fucking ranger can still almost two shot you in full legendary in about 2 seconds flat at any range.

The waiting for armor to build time is some butt puckering tense shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Man, I'm in love with Mage. Ranger is still stupid crazy dps, but Mage's fireball is just my jam. Rifle, Fireball, Iceblock, Fireball. Game over. If they run? Superman after them and sword their ass. Fucking epic rifle crits for 1200, hits for 600.

Also, make sure to get legendary/good helms if you can. That cooldown reductionis insane. I think I got my legendary fireball to like 3 seconds. That's a lottta burning.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Chickens are easily the best idea in this game. Makes death enjoyable.

If I had walled that Engineer into the fog to kill him I would've been a Mage legend.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I played 1 game last night as Mage. Got 3 kills. Made it away first time I got chickenified and revived, only to die to the same guy.

Pretty fun. I will get a few more games in tonight for sure.