Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watching this and keep thinking it's 40k
Heresy GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

made it about half way, i was just thinking it was a really bad/slow magnificent seven. unless the 40ish farmers with their animal powered plows were actually farming a few million acres don't understand why the "imperium" would even be bothering with them. would make more sense if they just rounded up everyone and took them to an agro-world to be slave labor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

made it about half way, i was just thinking it was a really bad/slow magnificent seven. unless the 40ish farmers with their animal powered plows were actually farming a few million acres don't understand why the "imperium" would even be bothering with them. would make more sense if they just rounded up everyone and took them to an agro-world to be slave labor.

I think that and the fact there could be ANY chance at a resistance are issues they just hand wave.

however this was given a line or two as explanation, it’s implied that most places are very low or no fertility - implied by the centuries of war and every world was taken over via massive war, the horny all bad soldier dudes even said they have robots to do the work - so what they are “after” is the fertile land, that was the secret they didn’t want out.

again, this was never stated or shown as an issue for the bad guys or in general the other populations etc, but it was, apparently.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Holy crap, what a shockingly ugly movie. Probably didn't help that I watched it right after The Creator, but I can't believe how terrible this looks.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Every scene felt claustrophobic even though they tried to make these expansive, grand green-screen set ups - it literally felt like every scene was filmed in a small room.
The most egregious examples of this are any of the outdoor nighttime scenes on the farm planet. The set looks like it's about 10 feet deep and they place a bunch of shrubberies along the back edge so they don't have to worry about blending the CG background. They didn't even bother to have the light look believable. It seriously looks like a theatre production at times.

• 2Solidarity

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
those scenes didnt even look like a green screen. looked more like they were just standing Infront of a bad painting. green screen woulda been an upgrade. theatre production is spot on

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Why are people comparing this to star wars and whatever magnificent seven is. It's completely full of degenerate homo shit and woke BS. It's awkward, disgusting, and all around unappealing. I'm like a third in and I'd drop any other movie well before this, but a family member pulled in a useless favor to get me to watch this. At least it's time to bust out the booze. Tonights drinking game. One shot every time there's a naked man (no full nudity required), gay reference, shoehorned tranny, or strong woman saving a man. Hopefully paramedics find me.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like Chronicles of Riddick and Jupiter Ascending. I like them because they are bad but also good.
Riddick is one of those movies that objectively..is actually pretty shitty. Pretty average sets, pretty bad acting, randomly Judy Dench and Thandie Newton(both very accomplished actresses, even back in 2004) show up.

But there's something just so goddamn likable about it I can't help but watch it every few years or so.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Goatface

whatever magnificent seven is.
don't know if serious or not, but magnificent seven (1960) is western classic, a remake of seven samurai (1954)
"Farmers from a village exploited by bandits hire a veteran samurai for protection, who gathers six other samurai to join him." replace samurai with gun fighters and farmers for mexican townsfolk

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

We complain that female mains are shoehorned or replaced and to just make original stories for them, that’s this.

she was at least given an explanation of her prowess

there are definitely some missing key scenes that make things flow better, even just at the beginning with the “go sex for celebration” then she just goes to her room, okay it’s said that it’s “late” but that’s not very telling until the next morning, perhaps I didn’t understand but didn’t the blond indicate our main character was sexing that other beard dude? And that’s just like, glossed over ? She didn’t seem all that interested in participating in general or with him… so?

the great rebellious general in the arena, it’s dangerous to seek him out! The last dudes are killed etc.. get there “oh him? Yeah over there lol the drunk guy”

male partial nudity gets an rating pass more than female, I did not see it as overtly gay tones, but this is what was able to be kept in pg13 land.

as stated you could see the LED wall during those outdoor night camp scenes, was distracting there, most other places not so bad.

the troopers left being bad guy horn dogs is a trope and fits, not seeing the “good” trooper guy after was more or I missed it, the robots are going to be the deus ex.

The cool line from the trailer is not in the movie, the one that’s like memories that are not my own etc, I think that was the robot.

Was it Gladiator or such? No. But to me it was decent enough and I look forward to part 2 and the different cuts.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I didn't make it to the end bros. I may or may not have gotten a chub and gone on a tangent at the griffin scene, but my fursona is known for being a small dom big sub char, so I just love smashing bigger chars, especially ferals like griffins.

But why was this in a movie? I hope I'm conveying how terrible and awkward this movie is.

• 1WTF

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I didn't make it to the end bros. I may or may not have gotten a chub and gone on a tangent at the griffin scene, but my fursona is known for being a small dom big sub char, so I just love smashing bigger chars, especially ferals like griffins.

But why was this in a movie? I hope I'm conveying how terrible and awkward this movie is.
This post was terrible and awkward to read, so yes?

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

when you were in africa did you despoil a hyena or two?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a thread where furry explains all his fury proclivities? Someone link. There is no way a big agro griffon is hiding a female on the inside.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Movie was ok. I was expecting a hell of a lot better considering who directed/wrote. Space nazis were the only good part. I love it how they CONTINUE to use South Africans as filler for nazis/bad guys in film. Now we just need liberals to cancel Zack for profiling S.As.

• 2Like