Rebel Moon (2023)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
That "snyder-cut" stuff is just pure marketing bull at this point. It probably was a real conflict between Studio and Snyder for Justice League. But it's 100% all set-up with full knowledge and agreement by Zack Synder to just milk that non-sense for every movie he now makes until it stops working.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Thanks. That's about the time the Fallout series is coming to Amazon too. Is there anything on any service until April worth a damn?

Shogun on Hulu looks good. That live action Avatar on Netflix might be good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Thanks. That's about the time the Fallout series is coming to Amazon too. Is there anything on any service until April worth a damn?

I watched first episode of this last night.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Heard he's still going overboard with slow motion. Hate that suckerpunch was a let down, Snyder has a gift to make great trailers and then massive let downs
Didn't he get his start doing music videos? That would explain why.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This wasnt as bad as I was expecting it to be but it was nothing special outside the effects. Long and drawn out just to setup a sequel. Really sick of Snyder overusing slowmo in every fight scene.

• 2Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I kind of miss the good old days when they made a full movie rather than part fucking one in a series they hope may get funding.

There's a difference between a trilogy and one movie spread over three installments.

I won't refer to the Seven Samurai any more, so... in the Magnificent Seven (!) they didn't stop the movie once the team had been assembled.

It's like Star Wars stopping just as they flew away from the Death Star after Obi Wan dies.

spronk

FPS noob
just watched and enjoyed it, holy shit that was the most zack snyder thing I have ever seen between all the slow mo, choral music, shitty dialogue, and people always looking up as action scenes start. Great to see Jax Teller again and thought his character and accent were fun - in a bad way of course.

World building was great, nothing made any sense at all and it all felt like a 12 year olds fever dream but I miss these kind of movies and its hilarious that Netflix spent $200m or whatever on it, but then again I can see where the money went whereas all the bullshit Disney makes for even more money looks way shittier. Don't get me wrong, this is not a "good" movie but its fun to watch the shlock

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Took me 4 sittings to get through this movie but I finally made it. Zach Snyder has made plenty of stinkers in his career but this one ranks up there with his worst. No story, dialogue written by a 15 year old, characters that have no personality or motivations.. movie flicks from scene to scene and none of them are connected to eachother. As soon as something happens it's forgotten immediately and has no ramifications. To pick just one, at the start of the movie they murder the garrison of dickhead troops (also why did they have to be such dickheads? It serves no purpose), and then that is never mentioned again. Nobody bothers to check on the troops, nobody reports it.. it's completely meaningless, like every other scene in the movie.
They even half arsed the fact that the entire movie was cgi. Some of the open world scenes they did such a shithouse job of even pretending to hide that the actors were all standing on a sound stage in front of a green screen. Like it's supposed to be this huge open world scene with a lovely vista in the background and moons/stars in the sky. It should feel grand, but it doesn't because you can easily see that theyre just standing in a warehouse somewhere.

It's all very Zach Snyder. I knew what I was in for when I started watching it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Took me 4 sittings to get through this movie but I finally made it. Zach Snyder has made plenty of stinkers in his career but this one ranks up there with his worst. No story, dialogue written by a 15 year old, characters that have no personality or motivations.. movie flicks from scene to scene and none of them are connected to eachother. As soon as something happens it's forgotten immediately and has no ramifications. To pick just one, at the start of the movie they murder the garrison of dickhead troops (also why did they have to be such dickheads? It serves no purpose), and then that is never mentioned again. Nobody bothers to check on the troops, nobody reports it.. it's completely meaningless, like every other scene in the movie.
They even half arsed the fact that the entire movie was cgi. Some of the open world scenes they did such a shithouse job of even pretending to hide that the actors were all standing on a sound stage in front of a green screen. Like it's supposed to be this huge open world scene with a lovely vista in the background and moons/stars in the sky. It should feel grand, but it doesn't because you can easily see that theyre just standing in a warehouse somewhere.

It's all very Zach Snyder. I knew what I was in for when I started watching it.
I dont know if Ill have it in me to watch the snyder cut, but everyone and their mom has said that the movie will be a vast departure from what we've seen already. Supposedly characters that have barely any lines within the base movie have a ton more dialogue and some with their own scenes. Which would fill in so many of the gaps in the story. This shit is still a B Tier movie dressed up in AAA clothes, though.

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
For some reason, I didn't realize this was the first of 2 parts. So I was enjoying it all the way up till the 3rd act when I realized they were never going to get this shit resolved. I liked it enough to watch the rest of it though and probably the snyder cut. I liked justice league and the snyder cut of JL was way better, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt till he fails me.