Recommend me a local streaming/Netflix/xbmc solution

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Anyone have any experience between a Roku2 and a 3? I'm having some issues streaming Bluray quality movies from my NAS to my Roku. I really should hardwire it, but I don't want to right now.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
What kind of issues?

If you're talking about the new revision of the Roku 2 and not the older ones like the 2XS, etc, they're similar, but the Roku 3 has a CPU that's 5x faster ... its mostly just more responsive in the UI/booting, etc. Performance-wise, as long as you have the bandwidth for the rip, it shouldn't be an issue.

You can see the specs here:Roku - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bluray quality implies 1080p. Wireless isn't going to cut it for that bitrate. 720p with certain audio codecs will have problems too.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So over the weekend I had to restore factory settings on my router and now none of my shows through Plex are showing up on remote clients.

Any ideas? About to try deleting and re-adding my sources to see if that fixes it.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Did you try logging in and out of my plex on the main management page to have it reopen the port on your router?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did you try logging in and out of my plex on the main management page to have it reopen the port on your router?
Wasn't connecting to my server, even though ports were open. Fixing it now... was working before, so didn't think to check it again. Thanks.