Recommended Best Games

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm Looking for a list of recommended games of the last 18 months or so.

Any genre. So far i'm downloading DA, FC4, GTA . Any others?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What system?

Divinity, grim dawn, bloodborne, resogun...depending on your system

Szlia

On the indie side:

- Kentucky Route Zero (american gothic point and click adventure)

- Environmental Station Alpha (retro metroidvania)

- Beeswing (heartfelt auto-fiction in handmade adventure game form)

- Papers, Please (totalitarian administrative simulator - 19 months old but GOTY 2013!)

- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (brilliant action tale - probably requires a gamepad)

- Hotline Miami 2 (hard-boiled drug fueled top down action in '80s Miami)

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
On the indie side:

- Kentucky Route Zero (american gothic point and click adventure)

- Environmental Station Alpha (retro metroidvania)

- Beeswing (heartfelt auto-fiction in handmade adventure game form)

- Papers, Please (totalitarian administrative simulator - 19 months old but GOTY 2013!)

- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (brilliant action tale - probably requires a gamepad)

- Hotline Miami 2 (hard-boiled drug fueled top down action in '80s Miami)
Hotline miami 2 actively hates you for playing it. It really is a unique experience. You can tell they did not want to make it and everybody is glad when it ends. I never had a game show me more contempt for trying to give a shit about the hotline miami universe. 1 was fun... 2 is antagonistic to its audience. Its truely unique.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
This War of Mine: Unique game of survival. Don't judge its 2D side scroller nature, it offers a lot.

Hex Shards of Fate: Best online TCG in my opinion (this is coming from someone who enjoys MTG and tired of over simplified games).

Wasteland 2: My favorite Turn Based RPG of all those that were released in the last two years (Divinity Original Sin, Shadowrun...etc).

Darkest Dungeon: Interesting rogue-like game, though it did get boring fast.

If you want an "older" game; the remake of XCOM UFO Defense which is XCOM: Enemy Unknown (and the expansion Enemy Within) is amazing.

But if you're a fan of GTA, DA and FC4 I doubt you'd be interested in my list.
Dragon Age: Inquisition was so boring I'd rather shove a fork in my eye than play it.

I will second Ori and the Blind Forest. It's a fuckinggorgeousmetroidvania. Why more people don't know about it is beyond me.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
A bit older, but still last gen: Dishonored and Deus Ex:HR, along with all their DLC are absolutely awesome.

Shadow Warrior and Far Cry:Blood Dragon if you like 90s shooters.

If you want to waste your life, give Dota 2 a try ...

On the MMO side of things, Guildwars 2 is pretty solid with an expansion coming up and there's no subscription fee, just exploring the world once should be worth it since it's absolutely gorgeous.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will second Ori and the Blind Forest. It's a fuckinggorgeousmetroidvania. Why more people don't know about it is beyond me.
This is what I was hoping to get from this thread. Beautiful game that i never heard about. Thanks. More plz

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you are looking for beautiful check out child of light. Gorgeous RPG and also usually can find it for around $5.

I'll second guild wars 2 it is beautiful and thanks to no sub I can play when I want without having to feel pressure. if that is something your interested in PM me I think I have an extra copy from when it was $10 that none of my friends want.