Recore - Xbox One

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So today is the release date for Recore, which was a darling of E3 last year and looked interesting with its concept of robo-animals that you make use of in a modular sense. It seems, however, to not amounted to much given that it has almost zero marketing associated with it for a first-party Microsoft exclusive, and it is releasing for $40 on day one.

Polygon gave it a very 'meh' review ; Recore review with the principle criticisms being there wasn't much content and yet the game has crazy long load times.

Sad to see stuff that looked promising manifest in something bleh.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
concept of robo-animals that you make use of in a modular sense

That sounds like some buzzword lingo a marketing team would use to sell business software, not a game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
The game apparently runs better on the pc than the Xbox with faster load times and more consistent frame rate, but better performance doesn't make up for a lack of stuff to do. The PC world review (ReCore review: The first Xbox Play Anywhere game is a beautiful chore) hammers it pretty hard in that regard. I guess Inafune wasn't finished making fairly mediocre robot centric games after Mighty #9.

I had been wanting to pick it up but the reviews chased me off so I bought the Attack on Titan game on the ps4 instead.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Read a review where the end game is ridiculous. From what the reviewer is saying, you have to collect Prismatic Cores to be able to open dungeon doors and what not. At first, it is fairly simple. At the end though? It was 25 cores to open the first door, and then 5 minutes later, 30 cores. 5 minutes after that, 35 cores... This went on until you had to open a door (In the same dungeon) with 45 cores.

So, to anyone playing, 175 cores to get through the last hour of the game. Which then takes 7 hours because all you are doing is running around trying to collect cores. lol.

What a mess. Who the hell designs something like that???

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This guy I guess

1b6d1a6.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
Its pretty boring tbh after just an hour I didn't really feel like playing anymore, and hearing you have to core farm at the end makes me just wanna stop playing now and trade it in.

Some weird stuff on xbox too, like the audio logs stutter a lot and the combat system is just super weird. Movement is pretty tight but combat sucks, and your pet robodog is kinda cool but he fucking makes noises ALL the goddamn time and its hard to tell when its him or an enemy or a collectible.