Rectify

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I don't know how I hadn't heard of this show until yesterday (maybe because it's on SundanceTV) but it's phenomenal. It's about a guy who's trying to adjust to life outside prison after being on death row for 20 years. Anyone else here watch it?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I watch it. I don't know about "phenomenal" but I've enjoyed it so far. Second season started a few weeks ago.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The first two episodes were fantastic but everything since then has been less so; the problem (for me) is that it opened up by presenting the expectation of an intriguing and driven multi layered murder mystery / commentary on the death row experience and the aftermath of an unexpected release but it so far hasn't delivered on much of a plot as of yet. The wheels that started turning at the start of season one have yet to make a rotation and as a result the meat of the story has been put on hold in favor of emotional outbursts, drawn out moody scenes, token philosophizing and a great deal of sentiment. But that said, it is presented well, and to its credit is quite watchable if you are in the correct mood to appreciate it as it is a rather slow, mostly mellow and meandering viewing experience.