Red Dead Redemption 2

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
So i decided to replay some missions to try for some gold medals but when I start any of them I lose all my items? All my additional ammo types are gone all my items apart from some basic health tonic is gone. Is this a bug? I'm going assume it is. In which case i ain't replaying shit until that is fixed.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ask yourself, did you really want to cheat? I'm sure you're an upstanding guy and the answer is no. I just helped you to stay on the right path. ;)

It’s not cheating it’s bump into strangers bounty funds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure it's been discussed, but knowing the HDR issue what do you all who are playing this suggest as the best settings for the game.
Running on X1X on a Sony A1E OLED?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure it's been discussed, but knowing the HDR issue what do you all who are playing this suggest as the best settings for the game.
Running on X1X on a Sony A1E OLED?

So I have tried 3 things.

1) HDR On. (Sucks now after seeing alternatives - its washed out with low color saturation and Muddy Textures)
2) HDR Off in Console setting. Looks normal.

But.... for some reason, whatever reason that is....

I'll boot up the game with HDR On. When in the gane, i'll go to my console settings and disable HDR. Without rebooting the game I will go back into the game itself, and it will look amazing. Deep colors, deep blacks, and textures are fantastic. I am not sure why when I do it this way it looks as good as it does - almost as if this was supposed to be the real HDR version we should have gotten... .but for me, fantastic.

Give the last two a shot and compare them and see what you think. I am on an OLED B7A 65. Curious what your thoughts are after testing on your end too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1. Run game with HDR on, leave calibration setting at 100, try to 'fix' it with your TV settings.

2. Run game with HDR off, set brightness in game according to instructions, tune it further with TV settings if necessary.

Then decide which of those looked better to you.

On the PS4 you can switch HDR on and off in the game's settings, but people have been saying on the xbone you need to do it from the console itself.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
thank yo uboth for the input, i'll test this out and see. (once i get the game installed, wife is holding it ransom till my bday next week, ugh!)

Vorph

I'd say hopefully they'll have patched it to be a proper HDR implementation by then, but after reading that Digital Foundry article it sounds like they need to completely redo HDR from scratch and with testing and cert a week would be extremely optimistic.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'd say hopefully they'll have patched it to be a proper HDR implementation by then, but after reading that Digital Foundry article it sounds like they need to completely redo HDR from scratch and with testing and cert a week would be extremely optimistic.

And if that's the case, I would wonder if we see anything at all :(

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It won't happen anytime soon (if at all) unless they couldn't get it done in time and what they released with is just a rushed alternative.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
thank yo uboth for the input, i'll test this out and see. (once i get the game installed, wife is holding it ransom till my bday next week, ugh!)

I'd not even mess with the HDR, it's actually my second biggest issue with the game (though frankly, it doesn't need it really as the game is absolutely, gob-smackingly beautiful). I've tinkered with it on two different high end tvs (Sony x930e & LG B7) with tons of different settings and it looks markedly worse with HDR on on both sets no matter what I do. It just washes out the picture slightly and isn't nearly as vivid. Doesn't need it though, and unless they add a better version down the road I'd consider this game non-HDR compatible.

I'm about halfway through Chapter 4, and have a ton of thoughts on this game but want to wait until I finish to sperge them out here. Needless to say, I'm in absolute awe at what Rockstar has managed to accomplish here. The game is far from perfect, and I have a few nitpicks/annoyances, but the experience itself is absolutely magnificent. Hopefully I can wrap up the main story by the weekend and expound on this a bit. The lines between gaming/entertainment/"virtual" reality have never been closer to merging than in this game, and we're a lot closer to that future than I'd thought prior to this release. If they can capture these visuals in VR in the next decade.... You're going to see a ton of people never leaving their houses, and I hope I'm alive to see it.

What it also does, is it gives me a ton of excitement to see what Cyberpunk looks and plays like. I feel like the Witcher 3 was the pinnacle of this genre (I hate to even call it open-world, because this is so much more), and has been easily surpassed in every way imaginable for me here. With RDR2 resetting the bar, I've no doubt CDPR will be itching to take some of the lessons from RDR2 and improve upon them again. I love that there are still big-budget, extremely talented studios willing to invest the necessary time and effort to make products like this. Gaming in 2018 has been excellent, but shit-stain games like Fortnite, Pubg and basically every blizzard game make too much money too quickly and puts certain studios in positions where the juice ain't worth the squeeze on big over the top AAA productions.

• 2Like

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I only have a laptop.

But I make quite a bit of local currency (so it will be slightly cheaper than if I bought it back in the USA). Should I spring for a television, an xbox one and the game? Is it worth it, gents?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Really enjoying the game but maybe my expectations were a touch high. It really is a polished extension to the first game, not a revolution.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Pro: game is probably the most immersive game I've ever played.

Con: I don't actually get much done because I'm constantly getting distracted by living in it.

I think I've maybe done two side quests and a couple hunts in the past 5 hours of gameplay

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So, I only have a laptop.

But I make quite a bit of local currency (so it will be slightly cheaper than if I bought it back in the USA). Should I spring for a television, an xbox one and the game? Is it worth it, gents?
Because of the HDR issue, I would say you can wait on a TV (great TV still doesn't hurt)? You should absolutely get a PS4 though - RDR2, God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Uncharted's... Are the "best-of-the-best" in terms of quality games. The listed, aside from RDR2, are exclusives, and they are just top notch, and I cannot imagine not owning a PS4 if you're a "gamer".

Vorph

Aside from enough main missions to unlock all the major camp stuff and all sidequests I've come across, pretty much all I've done is hunt. I'm about to finally go bag me the legendary buck so I can craft the trinket that makes your skins higher quality. Hopefully that makes finishing up the rest of the satchels and other camp upgrades a lot easier.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Aside from enough main missions to unlock all the major camp stuff and all sidequests I've come across, pretty much all I've done is hunt. I'm about to finally go bag me the legendary buck so I can craft the trinket that makes your skins higher quality. Hopefully that makes finishing up the rest of the satchels and other camp upgrades a lot easier.

Yeah, the info on that trinket is wrong/misleading. I had the same idea as you and got it yesterday. I have never seen it make a good pelt perfect. I have gotten a good pelt from a one star animal with it, though. So it's not that useful.

Three star animals don't appear more common after, either.

Vorph

Yeah, the info on that trinket is wrong/misleading. I had the same idea as you and got it yesterday. I have never seen it make a good pelt perfect. I have gotten a good pelt from a one star animal with it, though. So it's not that useful.

Three star animals don't appear more common after, either.

I've heard it lets you get a perfect from killing stuff that needs small game arrows with the varmint rifle instead. Even if that's all it did I'd be very happy. Fuckin' rattlesnakes........

Honor system continues to make no goddamn sense at all. Today I have lost honor for:

1. Robbing the O'Driscoll's backroom operation in Valentine. I lost honor for stealing their shit, but not for shooting lawmen who came after me. I also got a bounty (before shooting at the law) even though I was wearing new clothes, a mask, guns I never use normally, and I left my horse way outside town. Ended up reloading my save because there just isn't enough of value to come close to making up for the hassle.
2. Beating up the dude in the saloon wearing the coon hat (random encounter) even though he started it. It wasn't stealing the hat that did it either, I took the honor hit the second he was KO'ed.
3. Dealing with the people at the pig farm.
Dude and his incest-is-best sister killed their parents and have been inviting travelers in for dinner, then they drug/rob/kill and most likely eat them. I got up after the first drink when Arthur started getting drugged and blew them away, lost honor for killing the brother and for looting the sister.

Last edited: