Replacing HD on PS4

Ruhl

Boner Donor
Going to replace my stock HD on the PS4 with something with more storage. At least 1TB+, depending on the deals. So looking for opinions on what to get. Anything anyone really suggests as the stand out, end all be all. Looking to not spend more than 2-300 on this. Thanks in advance.

PS: I know there have been recommendations in other threads but I'm fully admitting I'm lazy & don't want to search myself lol

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1TB SSHD:Amazon.com: Seagate 1TB Laptop SSHD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 2.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST1000LM014): Computers Accessories

If you really want to spend $200-300, look at the Samsung 850 Evo 500GB. There's also the 850 Pro 512GB which costs about $40 more and is quite a bit faster in a PC, but I'm not convinced that a PS4 can even use the extra speed. It doesn't use SSD's particularly well in general. And 1TB SSDs are completely out of the question at that price range.

Personally I'd go with the SSHD regardless.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The 850 Pro isn't that much faster on the PC in real world usage, and I'm sure it wouldn't be any faster in a PS4.

It has a longer warranty, that's about it for practical benefits.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I didnt feel like digging up the Destiny comparison (and didnt know if you played it), but yeah I'd go for the SSD myself.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can't compare a ssd to a 5400 rpm drive. The SSHD drives are the best bang for your buck

Ruhl

Boner Donor
Ended up getting the drive Vorph recommended. More interested in the extra space but i'll take the faster loading times as a bonus lol. Thanks everyone for the replies