Rerolled "Best Game of 2014"

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Hey rerolled ! What is the best game of 2014 in your opinion?

Please post your top 3 games and i will add them up and post the results !

Some ground rules.

- No MMO's, in the spirit of this sub forum leave out MMO's, not that it matters as this post is not about the worst releases of 2014.
- Release date must be 2014 (i really wanted to say Black Flag becouse i was late to the party, but NOPE, 2014 release only !) GTA5 will be allowed due to a full next gen release.
- Any platform, PC/Console, handheld and even mobile

Also, for fun, toss in your most disapointing release of 2014

My list,

1) LoTR - Shadow of Mordor
2) Mario Kart 8
3) Hearthstone

Biggest Disappointment
Beyond Earth.

What tickled your pickle this year?

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Shadow of Mordor was definitely my favorite of the year. I enjoyed the shit out of that game.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Mine is:

1. Bayonetta 2/Mario Kart (tie)

2. Shadows of Mordor

3. Dragon Age Inquisition

I can't decide what dissapointed me more, Assassin's Creed Unity or Thief

spronk

FPS noob
beyond earth is the civ game, right?

my list would be

1. last of us remastered
2. gta 5 (only 10% in though)
3. far cry 4 (tied)
3. mario kart 8 (tied)

i'd say diablo 3 UE on ps4 is really fun too, as is forza horizon 2 and mordor. haven't played DA3 yet so can't make a call on it.

destiny, assassins creed 5, thief, driveclub, and watch dogs were the big disappointments.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
best game: divinity original sin

worst game: Assassins Creed

Game ive had most fun with this year: Kerbal space program

I generally tend to be a year behind on my games, cause I wait for the sales.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
1. Dragon Age Inquisition

2. Shadow of Mordor

3. Dark Souls 2

big disappointment. watch dogs

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Over 200 games played and Dark Souls 2 is my winner. Not too many games will hold my interest that long.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Divinity Original Sin
WoW: WoD
MK8

Mordor held my interest for all of 4 days then I beat it and haven't touched it. It was a fun game but no replay ability. Even though I didn't replay Divinity at least it held my interest for many more hours.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Outside of MMO's, my most played / most enjoyed games this year:

Fantasia
Endless Legend
Dragon Age (so far)

Madden and UFC were both great games that got a lot of well deserved playtime.

Games I had fun with but then stopped one day and never felt like going back: Destiny (ok, guess that's a MMO), Watch Dogs.

Most disappointing release was Infamous. Repetition just quickly got to me and it became a regrettable digital purchase.

I'm pretty behind, only just recently started diving into Dragon Age and have Mordor sitting there in the plastic.

WoW really is consuming all free gaming time though, 'Other games' are playing a very faint second fiddle and are what I play when I'm stuck downstairs and can't go and OCD some followers at my PC.

I feel like I have to mention Diablo 3, because it delivers the experience of that genre so well on consoles. Had already played the shit out of it since release though on PC and have just the one ~torment 2ish Crusader on consoles.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apparently I really need to play Shadows of Mordor. I have it for ps4, but haven't touched it yet cuz I'm still playing through gta5 and just started up DA:I. (ps4 bundle ftw)

I really liked Divinity Original Sin (although I played it co-op with my brother so that inflates the score a lot).

Walking Dead Season 2 was pretty awesome.

DA:I so far is rocking. Trying to think what else I really liked...

Caliane

Divinity:OS easily.

contenders, is more difficult. most of my game time is in alphas/betas, or f2p games with long tail. aka, path of exile, LoL, mmdoc.
or, landmark, trove, hearthstone, and now hots, etc. Path of exile forsaken masters was a big winner for me, but doesn't count as a 2014 game of course.
and I do as Erronious says below.
dishonored #3 2014? I played that this year. ha

Dissappointment. Starbound. hahah

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I can't participate in this thread as I run a year or two behind release dates. The upside is that I get games super cheap and I can use threads like this to pick up the good games and avoid the shitty ones.