ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sounds easy enough. I'll give it a go when I get home this evening. Thanks!
smile.png

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Added Spell: Enderchest in the Mage Tower, first floor.

Using the Book you can access your Enderchest from anywhere. Mana cost:50

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Sutekh confirmed broke.

The crown will have to take loans from the Iron Bank of Braavos.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I'm debating on what is the best way to do the midsection.

rrr_img_25370.jpg

One problem is that the two quarter towers you see aren't in the same position as the towers opposite of them (I'm standing on one of them) and I'm not sure how apostle was planning on resolving that. You can see the outline of a wall extension that would need to be made to bring that wall to be the same width as the wall opposite of it.

The other question is how high should the center be and should it be a 45 degree angle or 22.5 degree. I haven't seen apostle on in a few days but I'll probably hold off on doinjg anything more with that entire side of the building until we reach a decision.

hey Mc when ya get a chance could you whitelist Magicalrainbow please its my newphew who is fixin to go into the army

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Cathedral ceilings should be vaulted:

Hereford-8609.jpg

Aisles should have vaults springing from walls that connect to columns that frame the nave (middle area). The nave should have aclerestorythat raises the central roof vault about half a story higher then the aisle vaults.

ma_sr_dc_section1.gif

Any kind of horizontal span should take the form of an arch. Masonry offers no tensile strength and therefore the only way to span it is using arches and vaults (vaults are essentially extruded arches) which act entirely in compression. Wood can form very short horizontal spans with beams, but its load bearing capacity for a building like this would be far too low, therefore in the section above, you only see wood beams at the very top supporting light roofs which sit on top of the heavy duty masonry arches.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Cathedral ceilings should be vaulted:
Intropy laying down the architecture!! I think we'll have to add some vaults to it, but really the expanse that we're covering simply isn't practical to properly build support for because it's so massive. The model I've been thinking of is St Peter's Basilica, just because it's the most expansive cathedral I've been inside.

22535633.InsideStPetersBasilica.jpg

Part of the problem is that when you start throwing columns around to give opportunities to vault you start closing off the space. We'll have to figure out a good balance.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Been working late, so have not been on in the past couple of days. Im going to try and work on some schematics here over the next week on how I want to do the middle tower. I need to measure the wall sections first to see what I have to work with.