ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I kinda wish Mojang would transfer Minecraft into something NOT java, so it would stop running like shit. Texture packs seem to kill off my fps for some reason, especially on all of these large scale multiplayer projects.

Cathedral is coming along nicely, although i'm curious about how the lighting is going to look like once the roof's done.
You need to install optifine with any texture pack over x32. I think they said they fixed that in 1.5 but I don't think it's true - still need a patcher. Or maybe it's the other way around and used to work fine but fucked up with 1.5?

Either way, optifine does wonders.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I tried some lining of our vaults with different mediums. Wool, light gray wool and dark gray wool (same as we use on the walls around the glass).

Let me know what you think. I was planning on lining the nave with netherbrick and didn't want everything to be the same.

rrr_img_25871.jpg
Lining looks awesome.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I just had to log in to check out this church and... wow.

The screenshots suck at showing off this project, this thing is massive. I'm impressed... I'm also wondering how the hell it will ever get finished. Definitely an insane project! Maybe I'll try helping out sometime...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The black looks better than the white, in my opinion.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Pillar Quartz blocks! Although that would be incredibly expensive and annoying to get i think.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just had to log in to check out this church and... wow.

The screenshots suck at showing off this project, this thing is massive. I'm impressed... I'm also wondering how the hell it will ever get finished. Definitely an insane project! Maybe I'll try helping out sometime...
It'll get finished. With how many people are helping now it's going alone pretty quickly. Feel free to join us! Just grab some stone bricks and fill in the vaults.

I might try black wool for the lining. White wool is definitely my least favorite, partially because it shows off the wool texture so much. We could do quartz or obsidian but those are too expensive for the amounts we need.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
You need to install optifine with any texture pack over x32. I think they said they fixed that in 1.5 but I don't think it's true - still need a patcher. Or maybe it's the other way around and used to work fine but fucked up with 1.5?

Either way, optifine does wonders.
Strangely enough the way they redesigned the textures for 1.5 seems to have really tripped up some of the texture people, early reports were some of the sphax series killing frame rates due to something it was doing that the engine hated. Optifine is a bandaid sadly, it doesn't make a difference on a lot of peoples pc's but on the ones it does it can indeed be helpful.

It's never going to be redone in any other language, by 1.7 they will have finished work (supposedly) on the graphics engine and included the latest LWJGL files etc and then they might start looking again at the api.

If you want to see how low effort they are, check out the mobile forms of Minecraft and compare it to something called Survivalcraft that completely blows it away in terms of content and world size etc. but they don't give a fuck because it sold 10 million more copies anyway!

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's never going to be redone in any other language, by 1.7 they will have finished work (supposedly) on the graphics engine and included the latest LWJGL files etc and then they might start looking again at the api.

If you want to see how low effort they are, check out the mobile forms of Minecraft and compare it to something called Survivalcraft that completely blows it away in terms of content and world size etc. but they don't give a fuck because it sold 10 million more copies anyway!
Sadly, this. It saddens me to no end to see the wasted potential of what Minecraft could have been. That's not to say it isn't good or that I feel cheated out of my money - god knows I've happily sank weeks of my life into this game I'll never get back - but it's still somewhat disheartening to look at it and say "what if." At the very least, they have a strong community behind the game, and the modding scene continually breathes new life into it (though the proper API is seriously overdue at this point, and I fear it may end up doing more damage than good).

I was quite eager to see what theSpoutteam was going to end up doing with their standalone platform, but between the project moving at a snail's pace and some of their decisions (still Java, and it seems they've migrated more to becoming a Craftbukkit clone instead of a robust engine that could recreate Minecraft) I don't really see that going anywhere.

I really need to stop being such a lazy ass and start putting the plethora of game ideas I have to use.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There aren't any current games that come close to a fully deformable terrain/1st Person/massively explorable.

That being said I have to agree with the above posts. Mojang have lost ground by not getting the API done. Companies are going to swoop in and clean up. ^_^

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So what do I need to install to actually play on this server? I pressed a button in the jungle fortress and the game instantly went to about 1/100th of a fps, major lag in every other area, lots of the terrain isn't loading and is seethrough etc.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So what do I need to install to actually play on this server? I pressed a button in the jungle fortress and the game instantly went to about 1/100th of a fps, major lag in every other area, lots of the terrain isn't loading and is seethrough etc.
You shouldn't have to do anything. Put default texture pack on.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would highly recommend Optifine no matter what. Even on my gaming rig it helps out sometimes. Plus then I can use fancy textures if I so desire :p

Hunno

Molten Core Raider
Mcfly, whitelist flamel11 when you get a chance! He's a good buddy of mine, thanks.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
It'll get finished. With how many people are helping now it's going alone pretty quickly. Feel free to join us! Just grab some stone bricks and fill in the vaults.

I might try black wool for the lining. White wool is definitely my least favorite, partially because it shows off the wool texture so much. We could do quartz or obsidian but those are too expensive for the amounts we need.
Do you have a rough number on how much you would need?

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
woot.. 4 day weekend incoming. Hopefully I will get that north door fixed to be a standard wall and will work on the roof. Then I want to take a good look at the tower stairwells to see how those can be made. I seriously thought when I started this I would be working on it for the next 6+ months. I just checked my PM's. I was white listed April 23'rd Thats just nuts