Resident Evil 4 (2023)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I was never a huge fan of the original, but I'm loving this so far (XSX via NZ time travel). Capcom found the same magic that made RE2 remake so great (as opposed to RE3 which was mediocre at best and even kind of shitty at times). About the only thing I dislike about it is when you get to a section that has infinitely(?) respawning enemies, but it's not immediately obvious that it's happening so you waste a ton of resources trying to collect loot. Then you have to decide whether to reload the whole section and do it the proper way (i.e. run straight to the objective that will stop the spawns and then run around the empty area getting the items) or suck it up and continue into the next area low on bullets and/or healing. Pretty minor complaint overall though I suppose, and I can't think of anything else negative to say about it at the moment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
because i had to see this, now you do too

AdoredAcrobaticAmericanbulldog-mobile.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rude

Potato del Grande
Goofy picture aside what's the deal with some of the character redesigns? Did pink hair millennials get ahold of this game? They even made Salazar look like Bilbo the pedophile over kid Napoleon.

Needless

Toe Sucker
LOL i straight up just went to easy mode and turned off aim assist, im too old to fuck with hardcore/professional now i just wanna suplex spanish zombie fucks

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Game kept crashing on me every other time I'd open it. Final straw was when it deleted my save files.

Only got to play about 3 hours and it WAS fun but PC version gets a 0/10, unplayable.

I had to request a refund from Steam. Ridiculous

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Refund request granted, dont own this game anymore. Sucks I lose all my preorder bonuses to boot. Hopefully once gold edition comes out and they patch whatever the hell was crashing the game, I can get it on a steam sale or something.

well, to lighten the mood

337048157_131244466420689_5133343391383632369_n.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do u still get unkillable mobs following you around? I hate those things and my older heart can't take it.

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game kept crashing on me every other time I'd open it. Final straw was when it deleted my save files.

Only got to play about 3 hours and it WAS fun but PC version gets a 0/10, unplayable.

I had to request a refund from Steam. Ridiculous
ray tracing crashes, eh if u stil have it turn that off if enabled. reduce memory spend should also fix issues.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
ray tracing crashes, eh if u stil have it turn that off if enabled. reduce memory spend should also fix issues.
My graphics card is unable to use Ray tracing, when I was tweaking graphics to reduce Vram usage, it was off by default and couldn’t be switched on.

I had also set the graphics settings so that I was about 1.5 G under VRAM performance going into orange: I sincerely doubt this was a graphics and VRAM issue.

my PC has had no problems with any game that uses the RE Engine until this one

edit: to be more specific, the game ran silk smooth while I was playing it, not glitches or stuttering, it was on startup when the game would crash

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Finished the game yesterday. Had everything on 4k max, everything turned on, no crashes in the around 18 hours it took, fluid as can be. 10/10 would play again. First game on my new computer, so a 4090 worked fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
God damn there’s a few places that are just brutal on professional

the flying bug room leading to and including the antechamber with the two blind cunts reeeeeee

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man im so sad i beat profiessional but was 17 minutes over to get the A rank which unlocks the typewriter and ashley armor lmao fuck me

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Friend and I are gonna drop some caffeine and blast this game on Thursday. Probably all day. Anything I need to watch out for? Like, weapons I should focus on upgrading, or others that should be avoided?

Is it "much harder than the original" like some reviews painted it? All I ask is that it not have any obscure puzzles that grind the momentum to a halt like Uncharted 4 does.