Resident Evil 7

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Well, i really enjoyed the early parts of the game and was blown away by it. But it is a RE game so i understand the change once the opening of the game passed but man wish it continued on like that. They really need to make 8 full VR shit your pants experince like how the opening hour of the game was, cause i felt it changed after the garage scene and went the tried and true route and not complaining, was fun.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah it definitely fell back on its roots of "who builds this shit" puzzles, but I'll give them credit for trying something new with Lucas's part and Marguerite was still pretty enjoyable. I do wish they had more of the alternative consequences like when dealing with Jack.

My first play through had him doing the wall bust and cutting my leg off with the shovel which I thought was part of everyone's game till I saw some streams and realized it wasn't. Jack can also drive the car in the garage which I didn't have happen.

Hoping they stick with FPS view from now on due to the success of RE7 with critics and player base. Curious if any of the mercenaries stuff coming in the future will have some multiplayer with it or not.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Game is all sorts of awesome in VR mode. Only complaint is the controls. Turning is pretty awkward so running away from shit can be a pain

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm tempted to try this on VR but holy shit, do I really need to buy a PS4 Pro with the VR? I have a normal PS4 and the thought of spending 700+ for this is mind blowing.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
PSVR works with non pro systems or pretty sure it does

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
It does work with non-pro. I have one and enjoy psvr on it ( too chicken to get re7 yet though). Pro is a bit sharper in the texture department with psvr , vs. the original PS4, for vr games that have utilized what the pro offers.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, is there a PS VR shortage? Gamestop never carries them in store, and their buggy website lets you fill your cart, then tells you it's out of stock. Even going in store they cant order for you. Amazon has some, but for like $200 over retail. I blame RE. ;)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I actually ordered a PSVR on a drunken Wednesday along with this game. Both still unopened.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Holy shit, is there a PS VR shortage? Gamestop never carries them in store, and their buggy website lets you fill your cart, then tells you it's out of stock. Even going in store they cant order for you. Amazon has some, but for like $200 over retail. I blame RE. ;)

Yeah they can be a pain to find. It looks like supply is getting better, though, and now it's just the assholes buying them up to resell at a higher price causing an artificial supply/demand problem

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Best buy near me had like 5 a week or two ago, not sure if they still have any now though.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Capcom deserves a ton of credit for going back to their roots here.

RE1 was obviously a rousing success, a monumental release that changed gaming, introducing survival horror with mostly solid player controls and combat (besides the wonky walking in the direction your facing control shit). RE2 was a Hall of Fame type game that inspired a ton of knock offs and provided the best survival horror experience you could get, introducing Leon and the infamous licker enemies, that game was fucking awesome, the puzzle solving, the lore, everything was just fantastic.

RE3 Nemesis was OK, it was actually one of the hardest games I have ever played, but they stuck to the script too closely and it was basically just an extension of RE1 and 2. Code Veronica was actually pretty good, and RE4 was obviously one of the best third person shooters of all time. (I would still consider it survival horror but the new aiming system really turned it into a different game, not a worse game just different).

Then comes along RE5 and thats where the wheels started to come off. I actually beat that game, the Africa setting was fucking weird, and the new non zombie "infecteds" were somewhat unsettling and made it feel like a different game. The non stop action and shooting was obviously the biggest problem, as its evolution from survival horror to shooter was fully complete. The ending with Wesker and Chris was absurd and the whole game just felt rushed and bad.

I actually purchased RE6 but stopped playing after I performed a WWE wrestling move DDT to a zombro. I kind of gave up after that, which really upset me because Im one of the biggest RE fans out here. But holy fuck did they come back with a vengeance. Im taking my time with this so I dont just finish it, and try to enjoy it. Hats off Capcom!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Best buy near me had like 5 a week or two ago, not sure if they still have any now though.

"We're sorry. This item is not available for pickup within 250 miles of your zip code" Man even target and Wal-mart are out. I just have shitty timing ;) Must resist the urge to play RE until I get it though. *twitch*

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice write up Jozu.

I never played Resident Evil games, outside of renting, playing for 30 minutes and not returning. I watched all of RE7 on Twitch streams and wish I had just bought it and played it myself. What an awesome game it turned out to be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Saw a PS VR bundle at target, after seeing them for 1700.00 on amazon I grabbed it. Is this the game to get? Anyone with PS VR have other recommendations?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I like RIGS but the studio closed down so it wont be getting any updates. Arkham VR is very cool but short, like a few hours. Thumper is a great and very intense rhythm game, I can only do it in like 45 minute spurts before I need a break, not due to motion sickness or anything but it's just intense. Finally I also have Until Dawn: Rush of Blood which is an on-rails rollercoaster shooter which is fun for a level or two at a time.

Definitely play through PSVR Worlds / VR Demo disc if they came with your bundle.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Saw a PS VR bundle at target, after seeing them for 1700.00 on amazon I grabbed it. Is this the game to get? Anyone with PS VR have other recommendations?

I'm really blown away by how immersive VR is. RE so far has been an incredible experience. I'm too cheap to get a PS pro, so when I first started I noticed the far away tree textures weren't all that, BUT when you get close up, squat, etc everything is in awesome detail. I can't explain how cool it is to squat down, look under and around stuff to check out the details, you just need to check it out for yourself.

If I play for more than an hour though, I feel like I'm slightly motion sick, as if I rode a few roller coaster rides. Not nauseous per se, but I don't feel like eating. lol...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I never get motion sickness, but after an hour or two I would start to get slightly nauseas. Supposedly, you start to get acclimated and this stops happening but I haven't had a chance to play recently to confirm that.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
Just finished it on XBOX X, now going into the DLCs ... great game, only downside are the variety of enemies is not so overwhelming .... but I enjoyed "The Evil Within 2" more in the end (especially the boss fights)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users