Restaraunt Review Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
South Western food isn't Mexican food.
He's talking about salsa + chips, tortillas, and other mexican food. Whether it's texmex, southwest, mexicali, it's all based on mexican food.

P.S.
Southwestern cuisine is similar to Mexican cuisine but often involves larger cuts of meat, and less use of tripe, brain, and other parts not considered as desirable in the United States. Like Mexican cuisine, it is also known for its use of spices (particularly the chile, or Chili pepper) and accompaniment with beans (frijoles), cooked in a variety of manners. Note that "chili" generally refers to a thick stew or soup prepared with beans and meat, while "chile" refers to the peppers that grow in this region and have been eaten for thousands of years by the native people. Recently, several chains of casual dining restaurants specializing in Southwestern cuisine have become popular in the United States.
Right, so it's mexican food with a different name.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
He's talking about salsa + chips, tortillas, and other mexican food. Whether it's texmex, southwest, mexicali, it's all based on mexican food.

P.S.

I'll go get him some ice for that burn.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll go get him some ice for that burn.
rrr_img_39657.gif

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

P.S.

Thanks for proving my point for me sir. Similar is not the same.

Ice Burn Rejected.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for proving my point for me sir. Similar is not the same.

Ice Burn Rejected.
Southwesterndishes
Arizona/California burrito
Arizona cheese crisp
Burrito
Chile relleno
Chili con carne
Chili con queso
Chimichanga
Colorado burrito
Enchilada casserole
Fajitas
King Ranch chicken
Menudo
Nachos
Pozole
Quesadilla
Rattlesnake fillet
Rice and beans
Salsa
Sopapillas
Stuffed peppers
Taco salad
Tacos
Taquitos
Tostadas
There's nothing unique there. This is not a cuisine. Stop lying to yourself.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Okay, go tell Bobby Flay he is a mexican chef and see how far that gets you. He specializes in both Mexican and Southwest. They are similar, one inspired the other but they are not the same.

They aren't the same, get over it man.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I know several Mexicans (as in, born and raised in Mexico) who go to places like Chili's, Don Pablo's, On the Border, etc. and say "I'm eating Mexican food."

If you say we can't call the shit those places serve "Mexican", then we can't call the food at Olive Garden "Italian" or the stuff at PF Chang's "Chinese".

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If you want to be grossly ignorant of what is what in the culinary world than thats fine, go ahead. -shrug- But no chef on the planet would tell you they are the same.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well every chef on the planet can suck my balls, cause I'm pretty sure a fucking burrito is Mexican whether it's made in a Mexican restaurant, a "Southwestern" restaurant, or a fucking diner. And that "cuisine" is predominantly MEXICAN FUCKING FOOD. It's NOT a real cuisine, suck my dick.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So you wish to remain ignorant, I already said that was fine bro. You don't need to get all angry about it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Itlan lives in NY where the best Mexican food available is Chipotle. Give him a break.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can change the title if you want.
wink.png

Anyway, there wasn't an argument. Just someone being wrong and being okay with it.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Itlan lives in NY where the best Mexican food available is Chipotle. Give him a break.
HEY! Just because I love Chipotle doesn't mean it's the best available!

I went out to L.A. last year, and the amount of taco trucks and stands was seriously fucking amazing. I never felt more at home, and god damn those things are cheap. Like $1.50 a taco that has real fucking food in it (idk about that actually).

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only ones by me are on Bergenline, which is basically haven to all illegals... I wouldn't eat that shit, even though it's tempting because it's FUCKING TACOS.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Two years ago you never saw them here and it was so frustrating because I know how good they can be then they boomed and now we have whole festivals for them to all line up and allow people to try them out and it's pretty awesome.

kudos

<Banned>
Food Trucks are dying here in Tampa. They over price, some have lower quality now, and you have to drive to them which defeats the whole purpose and annoys people after the luster wears off. We still have food truck rally's but what's the point of driving somewhere to buy a $10 sandwich and then leaving because you're full? I wish we had taco trucks everywhere like Texas and California. The most popular taco truck now has like 5 restaurants now so no need to food truck it anymore. There is a good arepa food truck on my way home from work and a San Diego style burrito joint which was on DDD that is still amazing. Best chicken burrito I've ever had.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Food trucks are the ultimate drunk food. Some of the best food I've ever had in my life has been out of a food truck at 3am after a night at the bars. Having to drive to get to them totally defeats the purpose, but I hear ya, one of the best food trucks in KC(Pigwhich) is stationary, they don't move it anywhere, you have to go to it. Sucks.