Mire_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_20020.jpg
rrr_img_20018.jpg
rrr_img_20019.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, my brother and I beat Rygar over the course of two days. We had to leave the NES running the entire time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

9th Otaku_sl

shitlord
Myst! (specifically, Myst 5)
Well played my friend, well played indeed.

The Myst series has been notorious for pissing people off and boggling the minds of intelligent people. It's utter frustration at its best... and when you finally figure out that puzzle you just couldn't get past... the feeling is quite simply, indescribable.

Everyone should play the games in this series at least once.
rrr_img_21058.jpg
rrr_img_21057.jpg
rrr_img_21056.jpg
rrr_img_21059.jpg
rrr_img_21060.jpg
rrr_img_21061.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I love puzzle-adventure games like Myst, except when the puzzles make no fucking sense. It's a fine line to tread between "challenging" and "no fucking way I would have figured that out without a walkthrough". I'm not saying the Myst games were like that, but I remember dropping several puzzle games in my youth because of that. Or maybe it was just because I was a stupid kid.

Speaking of puzzle-adventure games and my youth, here's Noctropolis. This was the first "adult" game I played. FMV titties!!!

rrr_img_21098.jpg
rrr_img_21099.jpg
rrr_img_21100.png

Jazser_sl

shitlord
I played this game for hours back on my dad's AT&T computer in 1984. Fucking Mimics got me every time. I'll be amazed if anyone has ever heard of this game, and can't believe I found it with a quick google search.

rrr_img_21123.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I played this game for hours back on my dad's AT&T computer in 1984. Fucking Mimics got me every time. I'll be amazed if anyone has ever heard of this game, and can't believe I found it with a quick google search.

rrr_img_21123.jpg
You mean nethack? There's an entire thread of nethack clones and other roguealikes in the Other Games forums.

9th Otaku_sl

shitlord
I love puzzle-adventure games like Myst, except when the puzzles make no fucking sense. It's a fine line to tread between "challenging" and "no fucking way I would have figured that out without a walkthrough". I'm not saying the Myst games were like that, but I remember dropping several puzzle games in my youth because of that. Or maybe it was just because I was a stupid kid.
Oh you mean like...
rrr_img_21539.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, those games were tough in the pre-internet days. I remember Nintendo had a hotline you could call for hints and shit. Kids today got it so easy! Not only are the games easy as shit today, you have the resources of the internet at your fingertips. I'm old. Walked 20 miles to school in snow, etc.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

rrr_img_21123.jpg
I played this a ton too, but the much nicer one for the PC by Epyx Games called Rogue.
rrr_img_21623.png

splok_sl

shitlord
Oh you mean like...
rrr_img_21539.jpg
or like:
rrr_img_21627.jpg

rrr_img_21628.jpg

rrr_img_21629.jpg

I just ran across thewalkthroughthis morning and it brought back some pretty terrible memories. I always assumed that I never beat this because I was young and stupid, but now I know that my youth and stupidity didn't have a fucking thing to do with it. Made it to the final room a few times (didn't know how close I was to the end), though now that I've watched the walkthrough, I have no fucking idea how I did it.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, those games were tough in the pre-internet days. I remember Nintendo had a hotline you could call for hints and shit. Kids today got it so easy! Not only are the games easy as shit today, you have the resources of the internet at your fingertips. I'm old. Walked 20 miles to school in snow, etc.
I definitely called this hot line to figure out how to get the Red Ring in the final dungeon of the original Zelda.

rrr_img_21644.jpg