Retro and New Video Game Picture/Video Thread

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Speaking of Japan exclusives, the Famicom got the extremely enjoyable Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti, a true gem.
Knowing they couldn't recreate the gritty, gory atmosphere of the more well-known Splatterhousegames, Namco went for a cutesy, SD style that lends itself to a much more playful, almost parody-like style. The graphics are charming and fun and the game never takes itself seriously. It's main flaw is that it's just too easy. You'll likely breeze through the whole game in your first sitting, but it's fun while it lasts!

rrr_img_37682.jpg

rrr_img_37681.jpg

rrr_img_37683.jpg

rrr_img_37684.gif

rrr_img_37685.jpg

rrr_img_37686.gif

Szlia

I quoted Umihara Kawase because it's probably the most technical platformer with the most depth in character control. But you understand pretty quick that it takes a lot of time to master. In a way reminiscent of Smilebit's Gunvalkyrie (you feel it must be awesome to control the character perfectly, but the task seems too daunting to even attempt).

rrr_img_37687.jpg

And Silence is pure genius.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I thought Gunvalkyrie was pretty cool, but it did bug me that I had to press in the analog sticks to dash.

If it wasn't for Arino, I would never have heard of Umihara Kawase, let alone buy it.

Pinadil

Lord Nagafen Raider
I made a little skit with Felicia Day during Comic-Con. The youtube comments are too saccharine to handle, bring me down a peg or two. Also, Goldeneye is the quintessential multiplayer shooter and is cool I guess.

Jait

Molten Core Raider

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Ok internet detectives. I've been powerhousing through old adventuregamesI've played as a kid and there's one that I really can't remember the name of. It's a point and click from the late 80's maybe early 90s. The game starts you on this tropical beach and I think the first area you could go to was the jungle at the top of the screen. I'm having a really hard time remembering anything else. My dad and I used to play it on our Mac (well he played more than me). Any help with be appreciated (plus nets and stuff).

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok internet detectives. I've been powerhousing through old adventuregamesI've played as a kid and there's one that I really can't remember the name of. It's a point and click from the late 80's maybe early 90s. The game starts you on this tropical beach and I think the first area you could go to was the jungle at the top of the screen. I'm having a really hard time remembering anything else. My dad and I used to play it on our Mac (well he played more than me). Any help with be appreciated (plus nets and stuff).
Leisure Suit Larry III: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
First thing I also thought of was Leisure Suit Larry 3. Second thing I thought of was Ecoquest 2: Lost Secret of the Rainforest.

Szlia

I'll not try to pretend I had ever heard of this game before browsing MobyGames! My first guess was Robinson's Requiem, a survival game from the early '90s. Having never played it I investigated some more and it has a sci-fi theme (crash-landing on an unknown planet) it's in first person and it's one of these fewgamesusing voxels, so even if you probably point and click at things in the game, it's unconventional enough to not be described as a point&click game.