Retro Game of the Month: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (Famicon/PS1/Saturn/PSP)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

PunieHop

<Banned>
Hope you guys are having better luck than me. I haven't been playing much, but I made it to the part where I have to protect this female NPC (game over if she dies). However, even if I get all my guys to move in her direction as soon as possible, I don't have enough turns to reach her before she's defeated. I can backtrack to the difficult cliffside level, but other than that it doesn't seem like there are any optional battles for me to grind with.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This game is kicking my ass. It's "fun" in that it's different from what I'm used to play, but god damn is it hard. I also feel the need to try and keep every single soldier I have alive, which seems pretty hard to do.

Szlia

Hope you guys are having better luck than me. I haven't been playing much, but I made it to the part where I have to protect this female NPC (game over if she dies). However, even if I get all my guys to move in her direction as soon as possible, I don't have enough turns to reach her before she's defeated. I can backtrack to the difficult cliffside level, but other than that it doesn't seem like there are any optional battles for me to grind with.

I don't have clear memories of the game, but I kinda remember a mission like that that took several attempts. My gut feeling is that'its one of these mission where you need to have an army composition designed specifically for the task at hand (which can be an issue depending of how you managed your army).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
You can also decline to save her if it is the one in ch. 1 I am thinking of.

So I am in the middle of chapter 4 and I like most of the game but taking a break. I hate how new classes you get start at level one. I just recruited a bunch of new story characters with unique classes but you have to stop and level them all up from 1 if you want to use them. Not feeling that right now.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

i honestly have not started...

But is it like FFT where you can send some bros out on "missions" or bounties, and then run your main party back and forth for random battles- then you level up via missions and random battles

Siliconemelons

IRL been crazy, haven't put together a new one for next month so...

EXTEND!

Get our TRPG ON FOLKS

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i appreciate the extension myself, between EQ 20th Anniversary TLPs and Outward being released i'm pretty preoccupied :)

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah, I think this is a good game to extend a month.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Yeah, everyone that has gotten started seems to enjoy it- it is just long and "a lot" to take in...

So this will help those going give it more time, and slackers like myself - jump in.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The updated version that they put out for the PlayStation portable was actually a very faithful an excellent upgrade to this title. it's without a doubt a masterpiece on the level of final fantasy tactics but it's also a good deal more difficult and unforgiving for someone new to the genre. This easily makes my top 10 all-time game list whenever the subject is brought up. It's a shame how square is totally lost its magic in eniX suffered the same fate when they got gobbled up by square. No one seems to be able to make a game like this anymore especially with the multiple paths and endings.

On a side note if you end up really liking this one there is a sequel game that only came out on the Gameboy advance I think called nights of lodis that fills in the backstory of one of the central characters of this game and it's very similar in layout in difficulty.