Revisiting classics

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
anyone who says hollywood pre 1970s sucks is probably referring to the Hays Code era, which did suck, but if you were a good director you could still make a fantastic film, loved by all generations and become damned near a timeless classic. i would also recommend getting into films from the 20s and early 30s. those movies will match with any modern film in drama, sexual themes, violence and action. my favorite action hero of the time is Buster Keaton. dude was a bad motherfucker, the stunts he did himself to make his movies wouldnt even be allowed today, by stuntmen.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The Cannonball Run

I have no shame whatsoever in declaring this a classic and a film that should be revisited every year or two. One of the more amazing cast lists outside of a war film or "worthy" epic and a script that whilst not Citizen Kane will have you at least smiling along if not outright laughing. You have to ignore the monumental plothole you could sail an aircraft carrier through at the end of the film but other than that sit back and enjoy the Hollywood stars of the early 80s let loose.

Avoid the sequel though, that is the pits >.<

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider

That facial expression at 42 seconds in. That is talent.

Peter Sellers just being himself (awsome).

I prolly watch that movie once a year, never gets old.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dr strangelove isnt a liberal movie its a comedy spoofing the reality of a pre empty nuclear strike. Ill tell ya. That movie was still scary when I first saw it in the 80s. Not so much now, but still hilarious.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I have still not seen Doctor Strangelove in spite of trying to several times. None of the movie things I have has it though.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I put on Citizen Kane once a year.

Watched Deliverance not too long ago.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Never saw citizen kane, havent seen gone with the wind or casablanca either. Not sure why. I think because those movies have been so hyped, I am worried my expectations will be too high to enjoy them.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I think there is a certain amount of just saying "I don't think this movie is for me." and that is Ok. There are some movies I know are supposedly quite good or important but I just can't muster the interest in the content.

Just like I realize silent movies are really a different style from modern movies and have a different pacing and such that not everyone can enjoy. So while I love them, I certainly understand they aren't for everyone, especially because many are 2-3 hours long.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i challenge anyone to put on steamboat bill jr,seven chances, the cameraman, the navigator, sherlock jr or the general and say its too long or boring.Buster Keaton owns.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dr Stranglove is awesome.

Recently watched 2 favourites
Ice cold in Alex

and

12 Angry Men