Revolution: season 2

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Shows like this getting renewed is why we can't have nice things. The american public needs better taste in shows. Why in this universe do we have things like firefly getting cancelled but, this, this is just fine.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Shows like this getting renewed is why we can't have nice things. The american public needs better taste in shows. Why in this universe do we have things like firefly getting cancelled but, this, this is just fine.
Because Firefly was on Fox.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Revolution had a great second half of its first season. You guys should give it another shot if you didnt see it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, the second half went from terrible/cringe worthy to mediocre. I wouldn't say good, but definitely wasn't cringing with every line of dialogue. But that's probably because crying girl got less screen time. Also the reason for the power outage has some really cool Sci-Fi elements that can be branched off into, which made for a pretty interesting story. Now if the dialogue, internal themes (Storm Trooper shooting), seasonal arc themes (We have no bullets--oh wait, we have millions on those fucking things) and other elements could be brought out from the shit, the show would be pretty good.

In other words--it had the promise to warrant a renewal, because it might become pretty watchable if it pulls a TNG. But no one should be holding their breath.

Sean_sl

shitlord
And they immediately Bitched Out on the power issue. Fuck this show.

Do not watch this ball-less piece of shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what exactly did they bitch out on? everything that was happening in the season finale, followed through. please explain?

this episode was pretty good. a lot darker tone than last season. and blood, actual bloody sword fights. just about the only thing i would have issue with was the last second with neckbeard.

Sean_sl

shitlord
They turned the power right back off. That's fucking bitching out if I've ever seen it. Don't defend this piece of shit Astrocreep.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well apparently whatever they did makes the fireflies swarm and neckbeards can come back to life after getting slashed with a sword. the power will come back on is what im saying, they need a little mystery to start shit up. we are getting flashbacks explaining what happened and the fireflies are probably some side effect. i cant wait to see what gustavo has planned for the fake US Gvmt people.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
when beardface died i thought to myself that the show is going to be good this season... they just killed off a main char and i never saw it coming... then he pops back up a few hours later and i was sad for the show.
Not that he is back alive, but that they did not follow through with the initial *we are killing off chars now*
ah well, i still support scifi anywhere i can, and i'll keep watching, i mean for fucks sake, i'm still watching under the fucking dome... WTF that is a piece of garbage.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I'm just wondering how many 70s, 80s and 90s rock songs they're going to turn into folk songs. I wonder how much cheaper the licensing is if you do it that way.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dont care for unplugged, crazy train, tom sawyer and grunge?
smile.png

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
when beardface died i thought to myself that the show is going to be good this season... they just killed off a main char and i never saw it coming... then he pops back up a few hours later and i was sad for the show.
Not that he is back alive, but that they did not follow through with the initial *we are killing off chars now*
ah well, i still support scifi anywhere i can, and i'll keep watching, i mean for fucks sake, i'm still watching under the fucking dome... WTF that is a piece of garbage.
I was kinda pissed.. I like neckbeard. I'd rather them kill off Charlie. Fuck that ho.

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hated the first season of this show; could not finish. This season isn't actually too bad. With these ratings though it wont see a 3rd.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They need to show charlie naked. I like this season a lot. I think these guys really are the US government, because they're doing exactly what the US government always does. Create a crisis, then come in and solve it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I know this is an old post, but...This show kills off characters a lot, actually. The kid, hot mexican chick and blonde doctor step mother all died. The problem is, you just do not care about any of theme enough to even register that they are dead. I honestly don't even know any of their names, even though they were in nearly every episode until they died. The characters in this show are just so bland and lifeless it's kind of unreal.

Also, have to agree with Sean. Just watched the first episode, so maybe things will get better...but shutting down the power again felt like a huge step backwards in a show thatalreadyalways feels like it doesn't really go anywhere. I don't think it was a good direction to take things. Having the power back on would have been an excellent escalation of drama between the warring factions--and you could have a whole new angle of the people controlling the nano-tech being like tech-wizards and shit. Could have been cool to watch Neckbeard fight other genius people controlling the nanomachines to throw fireballs and disintegrate people and stuff--but they bitched out and went back to "SWORD FIGHTS ARE ALWAYS COOL" (Without realizing that they aren't when you don't care if anyone dies in them.)

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
This season is an improvement just on the fact that they have hugely toned down the whole Miles vs an army with a knife and he wins crap. Not a huge fan of the grimdark stuff personally, and I'm afraid the key death from last week's episode is going to end up being reversed in one way or the other (magic fireflies from heaven maybe?). But those cheesy elements aside, it's much improved on the flow of the overall story over last season. I just hope if they don't plan on renewing that they at least end it then instead of leaving us hanging. While I'm not anticipating each new episode, I still feel that I've slogged through this much that i want to see closure.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It does look like they've shied away from killing off main characters this season. I think the way they brought the 2 back to life was fine and perfectly natural. They had to do that to AA-Ron to establish his techno whizzard roots, which seems to be the direction they wanna take the show. And it was so obvious that what was going to happen to seabass, that I called it as soon they mentioned lethal injection. I don't see them killing anymore off unless an actor wants to leave the show. AA-rons new girlfriend is almost assuredly about to die, and maybe Dr Dad, but they're not main characters. The show would be better if they had a constant flow of 'main characters' coming in so the old ones could be killed off.