Rick and Morty

Xevy

Log Wizard
I laughed a lot. You can tell they have a lot of "what if this happened" in the writers room but they don't want to shoehorn it into an episode or it's not strong enough for an entire episode so they did this or the Cable TV episodes.

Also laughed really hard at the Space Jam thing. I didn't see it but I'm assuming they made an appearance in it and this was their way of apologizing to actual fans.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I thought this episode was lame and a herald of what the new continuity episodes are going to look like. This is the weirdest thing I have ever witnessed. It seems like the episodes are only decent because of the template of the past seasons in which Roiland was very involved, but it is a more restrained and by-the-numbers show because he is no longer involved. So you have this groundbreaking show that became tame and unexciting but you can still have great one off episodes that ape the original. The serialized episodes are going to suffer because the writers are typical shitty millennial writers so it is just trite shit about boundaries (that was already explored in the first Unity episode) but now they throw in therapy.....and do nothing interesting with it so it just turns into a pile of milquetoast slop.

Goatface

I laughed a lot. You can tell they have a lot of "what if this happened" in the writers room but they don't want to shoehorn it into an episode or it's not strong enough for an entire episode so they did this or the Cable TV episodes.

Also laughed really hard at the Space Jam thing. I didn't see it but I'm assuming they made an appearance in it and this was their way of apologizing to actual fans.
there were a couple of good bits

didn't know about space jam

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit was episode 6 bad. I'm normally a big fan of the "alien tv" type episodes too. But that shit was awful.

This season has been a real "meh" and this show has continued to decline. I thought S4 was actually a lot better than what people gave it credit for. But ever since S5, this show just continues to get worse each year.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Last night was episode 7, though. And it isn't nearly the dumpster fire that episode 6 was. It's actually decent.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I realize that. I was commenting on the season so far. E7 was better, but still wasn't great.

This show doesn't exist in, "it sucks" territory quite yet, but for the first time in its history it's starting to approach it.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know how to explain it but I've enjoyed Solar opposites more than R&M. I was able to binge SO but haven't had a desire to watch R&M lately after last season or after EP 2 this season. I'll just rewatch the first 3 seasons it feels like.

Also Harmon's new cartoons Krapopolis or whatever is a massive turd

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't know how to explain it but I've enjoyed Solar opposites more than R&M. I was able to binge SO but haven't had a desire to watch R&M lately after last season or after EP 2 this season. I'll just rewatch the first 3 seasons it feels like.

Also Harmon's new cartoons Krapopolis or whatever is a massive turd
I enjoy Solar Opposites as well. They really need a Wall spin-off though. It's the best parts of the show.

I am still watching R&M but this season has been kinda meh. I wonder how much of that is because of Roiland being gone.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think this season has been better than the last two. The last episode I think was the weakest, with the only thing making me laugh was the end bit with the spider vehicle and the jiggling.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
gonna disagree a bit here. I’ve been a big fan of this show and just bought the most recent season and it significantly lacks the rough/crude/insulting edge the last few had. I’m not digging the kind therapist acceptance of his humanity.
responding from ipad before bed so happy to get into it tomorrow, but it’s really just not funny in the previous shock value way the old seasons were

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I’d rather watch evil Morty than Rick and Morty.
Best ep of the season by far

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Goddamn that was a long half hour. I don't know if this is my most hated episode as I'm not going to rewatch the contenders but holy fuck this was bad.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
This was definitely the worst of the entire series, no question. There wasn't a single laugh from me.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I said it a couple seasons back, but Roiland was 80% of why this show was ever funny. I was convinced of that as soon as he did his own thing independent of Harmon and it was pretty funny.

• 1Like