Rickshaw Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Anytime theres a discussion involving me at all, everything you say should be just as suspect with that retarded logic.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Is there a way to keep the Rere version of UI.X Dark there? I like the way the forums are organized on Rere more than the 'old fashion' way that the FoH domain does.
You are in control of your own style. Your cookie might need for you to select the style you want.

I don't understand what you are asking. Have you selected a style or is one missing that was there on ReRe but not on FoH?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Personally I see it being an issue with making a specific forum free of moderation. This would allow users to turn that forum into an 8chan or a gawker or a stormfront after they weren't allowed to do that in the rest of the forum.

Even if Tanoomba was banned today, it wouldn't change this being an issue. It really isn't remotely "all about Tanoomba" even though I'm sure he is masturbating to this argument right now.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Tanoomba's actions are what triggered this line of events, pretending it isn't about Tanoomba at all doesn't make it true...
No, he made it vastly apparent that I had forgotten to do what I always wanted to do.

Like I said earlier, the dentist isn't causing your gums to bleed it's because you don't floss regularly.

He is just a current symptom.

If it was about Tanoomba then I would not have closed the Mist or Picasso thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Personally I see it being an issue with making a specific forum free of moderation. This would allow users to turn that forum into an 8chan or a gawker or a stormfront after they weren't allowed to do that in the rest of the forum.

Even if Tanoomba was banned today, it wouldn't change this being an issue. It really isn't remotely "all about Tanoomba" even though I'm sure he is masturbating to this argument right now.

Aren't you amod? If you see a hate group, human smuggling, drug ring, or sex trade operation crop up in our midst by all means set some rules for thread titles on the RR. For now since it's the same idiot weve been dealing with for years, i think we'll be ok.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Personally I see it being an issue with making a specific forum free of moderation

Exactly. Tanoomba just happens to be the retard dumb enough to push the red nuclear launch button this early in the new site. He's been waiting, eager to push this button for several weeks.

If you go back to his thread in the shaw on Rerolled, on August 30th I told him "Here's your second chance, don't screw it up" as we were moving to the new site.

He made it to the 28th of this month before he had to see how far he could push to see what he could get away with.

But the actual action being taken is across the board.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if this "personal threads in Rickshaw" evolved in the last ten pages but here's my recollection, which we all know is pretty unreliable:
People generally had "Personal threads" in the rickshaw. Most got sent to page 2 and beyond quickly. Some were very popular. The admins/mods didn't really had a problem with it on FoH and I thought it was a good thing to have a safe-space for shitposting and retardation. You entered the Big P thread in the rickshaw and saw shitposts? You got what you came for.

Sometime on RR, Draegan got tired of rickshawing people and seeing them do a "victory lap". Like he was a noble parent trying to correct the personality of kids and he was frustrated that when he sent the misbehaving child to their room they just played with their toys and didn't learn their lesson. Needless to say I thought it was pussy shit and said so. After this point he started fucking with the rickshaw in various ways. He got bored of this after a while and things resumed like they generally had.

Anyway, I think the rickshaw should be the most moderation hands off place on the forum. As in, only illegal stuff is moderated there. If it has a super active thread so be it. If the racist dorks on this forum want to be racist dorks there, whatever. If a vote is necessary to make the precedent set in this community true here, that's fine. I'm pretty sure most people want that.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
For now since it's the same idiot weve been dealing with for years, i think we'll be ok.

Why should we have to keep dealing with the same idiot for years and years, exactly?

Why should any community be forced to live with toxic members whose only, and I do mean only, goal is to destroy every conversation they get involved in.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Why should we have to keep dealing with the same idiot for years and years, exactly?

Why should any community be forced to live with toxic members whose only, and I do mean only, goal is to destroy every conversation they get involved in.

The contrarian shitposter thing is pretty vile. It's like they don't just post retardation, they post well-phrased and written works, which are insidiously stupid. Tanoomba is a better troll than most but its important to realize that he's nothing but a dedicated troll.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Feien

Ploppers
You don't get a personal safe space thread. Feel free to post in any thread in there. Done. Simple.

So this is just about it being a "personal thread" Ok, I can see that and I may be all for that (though I really don't care, I just thought I'd throw out a couple of suggestions). Like I said I don't follow the RRP at all the really understand what goes on in that shithole or that those threads were being used as a "safe space"... to me it's all the same garbage.

If it was about Tanoomba then I would not have closed the Mist or Picasso thread.

I sincerely believe you mean this, and that maybe it was something that was your plan all along, unfortunately i think your timing was shoddy and many took it personal in a very weird way.

All in all, I'm sure you can all figure it out, it just seems to me like a small thing got blown out way out of proportion. I'll go back to my lurking and let the drama to all the common players.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The contrarian shitposter thing is pretty vile. It's like they don't just post retardation, they post well-phrased and written works, which are insidiously stupid. Tanoomba is a better troll than most but its important to realize that he's nothing but a dedicated troll.

Exactly. Its intentionally dishonest and disruptive. He isn't trying to make a sound and valid point people just disagree with vehemently. It is grossly disingenuous and dishonest tactics.

And it isn't just trolling like trolling for lulz, its trolling for reactions of anger, to literally rile up the crowd, so to speak.

That's why I compared him unfavorably with Dawkin's Deity on Youtube. That guy goes into these religious debate hangouts and just does his dead level best to destroy the conversation. Its so transparent, too.

It really isn't something that can "just be ignored". The community refuses to mass ignore someone, so someone like Tanoomba can and will turn any thread he enters into a total shitshow of apocalyptic proportions. Same as Dawkin's Deity on Youtube.

Its at the point with both characters in both communities that any conversation they enter immediately turns toxic and impossible, circular and vicious, and never ending.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

He actually contributed worthwhile posts to the Retro Gaming thread. Though perhaps you feel that was an attempt to mimic normalcy as a defense against future trollposting.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So this is just about it being a "personal thread" Ok, I can see that and I may be all for that (though I really don't care, I just thought I'd throw out a couple of suggestions). Like I said I don't follow the RRP at all the really understand what goes on in that shithole or that those threads were being used as a "safe space"... to me it's all the same garbage.

I sincerely believe you mean this, and that maybe it was something that was your plan all along, unfortunately i think your timing was shoddy and many took it personal in a very weird way.

All in all, I'm sure you can all figure it out, it just seems to me like a small thing got blown out way out of proportion. I'll go back to my lurking and let the drama to all the common players.
My timing was shoddy because all the moderators ran on this platform of loose moderation. Next thing you know they haven't completed their first week yet two people are in the shaw ...

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
He actually contributed worthwhile posts to the Retro Gaming thread. Though perhaps you feel that was an attempt to mimic normalcy as a defense against future trollposting.

That is his modus operandi.

For instance, when I got modded, he laid low for two weeks because he knew I was coming right for him the second he started. Then, he decided to test the waters, see what he could get away with.

Then when I shawed his ass, he blew apart at the seams like he was in the Shaw yesterday.

I mean we've seen it with him time and time again. He'll pretend to quiet down, but he can't make it a month. He almost got there this time, but he just couldn't quite cross that finish line.

Its the Tanoomba Cycle.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My timing was shoddy because all the moderators ran on this platform of loose moderation. Next thing you know they haven't completed their first week yet two people are in the shaw ...

A lot of them also ran on the platform of banning Tanoomba, tho, to be fair.

• 1Faggotry

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I don't know if this "personal threads in Rickshaw" evolved in the last ten pages but here's my recollection, which we all know is pretty unreliable:
People generally had "Personal threads" in the rickshaw. Most got sent to page 2 and beyond quickly. Some were very popular. The admins/mods didn't really had a problem with it on FoH and I thought it was a good thing to have a safe-space for shitposting and retardation. You entered the Big P thread in the rickshaw and saw shitposts? You got what you came for.

Sometime on RR, Draegan got tired of rickshawing people and seeing them do a "victory lap". Like he was a noble parent trying to correct the personality of kids and he was frustrated that when he sent the misbehaving child to their room they just played with their toys and didn't learn their lesson. Needless to say I thought it was pussy shit and said so. After this point he started fucking with the rickshaw in various ways. He got bored of this after a while and things resumed like they generally had.

Anyway, I think the rickshaw should be the most moderation hands off place on the forum. As in, only illegal stuff is moderated there. If it has a super active thread so be it. If the racist dorks on this forum want to be racist dorks there, whatever. If a vote is necessary to make the precedent set in this community true here, that's fine. I'm pretty sure most people want that.

For example:

Rickshaw circa 2006: Retard Rickshaw - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

Very few threads and none of that dumb shit we associate with the RR today.

2008: Retard Rickshaw - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

You've still only got 2 pages to the entire subforum

2011: Retard Rickshaw - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

Suddenly 61 pages. The Rickshaw blew up after a certain point.

It didn't really work like that until you were pretty much the only active moderator. Up until that point Screenshots was used for that stuff. With your hands off moderation style what use to be kept in SS moved into the shaw.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Tuco couldn't even remember that I didn't ask to be made a moderator by him without me reminding him by directly quoting when it happened step by step.

Cheeseburger grease is giving him early onset alzheimer's.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It didn't really work like that until you were pretty much the only active moderator. Up until that point Screenshots was used for that stuff. With your hands off moderation style what use to be kept in SS moved into the shaw.
Tuco Tuco doesn't remember because it was only once he started working there that the rickshaw bloated into the shitshow it is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.