Riddick (2013)

Oldbased

> Than U
Really? I just assumed that he wasn't going to do another one. You know, he's got those other franchises that are the moneymakers.

Cool.

MORE GOOFY ASS RIDICK, PLEASE.
The Riddick line was always his personal creation. Vin Diesel Risked All for 'Riddick': 'If We Didn't Finish the Film, I Would Be Homeless' This was back prior to his 47 million dollar payday from F&F7 obviously but it is his baby and he wants to finish it.
I doubt he makes much on the GotG voicework but it is a good resume piece and honestly doesn't bar him from actually playing someone in Marvel down the line. No doubt he will make tons more on the final 3 F&F movies however and be able to finance if need the 4th film on his own. What basically happened was Pitch Black was a budget piece obviously but it did ok. Then Hollywood saw Vin as a rising star and brought in big names ( and I love Urban ) and threw tons of money onto Chronicles but it didn't do well, especially considering the COST. Then Vin wanted to continue the story and it was going to be a much better story than just him and some bounty guys on a rock but funding was dropped and he threw every dime he had at it to make it resulting in a fraction of initially planned budget and cutting filming time from over 80 days to just over 40. No word if he is funding this himself or not, but I expect it will be done.
Pitch Black- 23 million budget/53 million gross
Chronicles- 105 million budget/113 million gross <------ Damage done
Riddick- 38 million budget/98 million gross <------- Whoohooo

So we know all things considered the 4th should make roughly 100 million or more.
Being all we need for the 4th film is some sand, glossy contacts and Vin being a badass, a aging badass who is not getting any younger, a slightly bigger budget than Riddick should promise success.
I love the 1st and 3rd movie in the series. Chronicles did sort of go out there but it had its good moments.
Would love the 4th just to "finish" it.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I think they made their mistakes with Chronicles. Riddick was no masterpiece but Vin gets my money.

...Especially after watching the new Triple X. It's such hot garbage but I respect the fact that he literally just dropped the Xander Cage character and played it as himself.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I think they made their mistakes with Chronicles. Riddick was no masterpiece but Vin gets my money.

...Especially after watching the new Triple X. It's such hot garbage but I respect the fact that he literally just dropped the Xander Cage character and played it as himself.
Haven't seen it yet, but ya Vin just has a way about things. He is most himself in the Riddick characters. He has that oh shit tough guy sarcasm and knows when he got himself into some shit in that character. I assume he was that way in the new TripX. It fits him well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
He still wearing those 8 inch lifts? Ah who am I kidding, Vin seems like a cool dude just wanting to have fun and make some action movies. Gotta respect his commitment to it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I liked Chronicles for what it was, just a fun action movie with cool scenery and Underverse stuff. Of course the teacup scene was great.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah i've like pretty much every Vin Diesel movie i've watched (I don't watch the fast and furious ones tho cause those movies are stupid (saw the first 2 that was it)). I'd probably actually go to the theater to see a 4th Riddick instead of waiting to watch it at home.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't actually know shit about Warhammer 40k so feel free to crucify me if I'm way off here, but I always thought Chronicles looked like what I would expect a 40k movie to look like.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't actually know shit about Warhammer 40k so feel free to crucify me if I'm way off here, but I always thought Chronicles looked like what I would expect a 40k movie to look like.

Nah, not Grim or Dark enough to be 40k. There will likely never be a studio with the money or balls to correctly portray 40k's universe.

They could have gone a lot of fun directions after Chronicles, but there just wasn't enough profit in the movie, it seems. Shame, because the story is cool and like others have said, Vin is entertaining most of the time.

spronk

FPS noob
Vin Diesel confirms that the script for the next installment of the Riddickfranchise, currently titled Riddick 4: Furya, has been written. The series is variously a mix of sci-fi, action and horror, and began in 2000 with the release of Pitch Black, which was also Diesel’s breakthrough role, and has continued in sporadic installments since then.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Vin Diesel confirms that the script for the next installment of the Riddickfranchise, currently titled Riddick 4: Furya, has been written. The series is variously a mix of sci-fi, action and horror, and began in 2000 with the release of Pitch Black, which was also Diesel’s breakthrough role, and has continued in sporadic installments since then.

Image result for riddick gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users