Right in the Feels Songs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Szlia

Lyrics:

Signalment:
Blue eyes
Chestnut hair
Jane B.
English
Of female gender
Learns to draw.
Living with her parents.
Blue eyes
Chestnut hair
Jane B.
Pale complexion
Aquiline nose.
Declared missing this morning
At 4:40.

Blue eyes
Chestnut hair
Jane B.
You sleep
By the side
Of the road
A flower
of blood
in your hand.

Szlia

While I am at it with these very joyous late '60s collaborations between Jane Bikin and Serge Gainsbourg:

Lyrics:
Before opening the gas she thinks about her canary.
Before ending things once and for all with life,
She takes the birdcage and goes on the balcony.
The freezing winter wind grabs her, gives her chills.

She opened the gas and lies on her bed.
On the turntable she put her favorite record.
Already she is not clear minded:
She sees strange flowers, bizarre flowers and butterflies.

As on London slowly comes the night,
On the table by the sleeping girl
One can read, hastily written with pencil,
Only these few words: the canary is on the balcony

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
This one is always a tear jerker for me, it's really sorrowful, especially the guitar solo:

Bonus points for low budget, mid 90's, Much Music video.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The entirety of Rumours

The relationship between my at-the-time fianc? started to fall apart when her mom got really sick and later died (from no fucking joke, bird flu). She spent a couple months back home and just turned super distant when she came back. I tried real hard to keep it together and support her but the whole thing just melted. About 8 months later I ran into her and started to confess that I still loved her but she stopped me and explained that she had met someone else.

I spent the rest of the winter drinking too much Tito's and listening to that album on repeat while staring at my ceiling before I decided to just move across country.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not into songs like this typically, but it gets to me. The lyrics are so to the point. Pretty sure everyone's felt this way at some point.

And these two awesome Steven Wilson songs because...damn...the dude really knows how to nail down depressing shit with the perfect soundtrack. The guitar solo in the first song also...goddamn Guthrie.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Going to be hard as fuck when Tim Curry passes away to even listen to this -

They are known for their radio singles but every Everclear album has some songs on it that have some real emotion behind them

Cliche' to cite Blue by Yoko Kanno but I've always reallyreallyliked the song

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I don't even listen to bluegrass but I was born in western Kentucky and this song kills me. It's about how strip mining destroyed the land his parents grew up in. Last line before the second to-last chorus: "And they dug for their coal 'til the land was forsaken. And they wrote it all down as the progress of Man."

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Every time I hear Windowlicker, I think about that guy that wanted to get pussy. Dang such deep emotions.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold

The words and theme of the song strike such a poignant level, when you consider that she died of cancer less than a year after recording this.

Bit of dust just blew in my eyes here.