Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rik Mayall dead at 56.
frown.png
Loved him in Blackadder especially.

rrr_img_68721.jpg

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Oh shit that's sad . . . :-(

His show "the Young Ones" which he helped with the creating and writing. That was on TV back when our family first had a VHS machine, we taped every episode and would watch them over and over. My brother and I especially knew the shows backwards and would do large sections of dialogue to each other.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
He was hilarious. He tried to make a breakthrough here in the States a looong time ago with Drop Dead Fred with Phoebe Cates, but like a lot of British comedy, folks here just didn't get it. RIP.

davejay_sl

shitlord
First ever time I saw him was on the Young Ones, I had the box set on VHS, then any performance after with Adrian Edmondson was just pure brilliance. One of the best comedy duo's ever. I was listening to an interview with the director of the statesmen & he said that Rik was never the same after his quad bike accident.

Real shame to see one of the best comedy actors go so young.

CrazyRussell

Golden Squire
So sad. What a hilarious and extraordinary man. I saw a comment somewhere today that said, "Drop Dead Fred drops dead". I bet he would have laughed at that.

R.I.P. pRik

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is fucking awful. Finally a celebrity I actually liked. Huge fan of The Young Ones and Bottom.

B2zqkFN.jpg

You bastard!
CwMUDm1.jpg

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
From the Young Ones:

Rick: This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say: "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say: "Haven't you heard? Rik is dead! The People's Poet is dead!"
and a fitting tribute has just appeared:

The plaque's QR code links to the opening credits of Bottom, a slapstick sitcom starring Mayall, about two flatmates who live on the dole in Hammersmith, London, which ran for three series between 1991 and 1995. In the credit sequence, Mayall does indeed punch his friend Adrian Edmondson in the balls.
'Rik Mayall punched his friend in the balls here': actor gets fake blue plaque | Television radio | theguardian.com