Ring of Elysium

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I dunno, it feels like im playing a ported mobile game. It's smoother than pubg mobile and looks ok but movement and gunplay is really clunky feeling. guns feel like they dont kick at all when fired. But, can't complain about free.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I dunno, it feels like im playing a ported mobile game. It's smoother than pubg mobile and looks ok but movement and gunplay is really clunky feeling. guns feel like they dont kick at all when fired. But, can't complain about free.

Game feels smooth as silk to me, Groza has crazy recoil but destroys people. I like it alot.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Downloading, but I think Tarkov has me for fps for foreseeable future. RIP Battlefield.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This...actually isn't bad? First person works well, it runs about as good as PUBG and looks a lot better in general. Guns feel pretty solid, bit closer to an arcadey-style than a mil-sim, but there is still bullet velocity, drop, scope zeroing etc.

Inventory system being based around your travel mode is actually relatively interesting. Difference in carry capacity from the ice axe > glider is huge, but the glider is soooooo useful.

Hekotat

This...actually isn't bad? First person works well, it runs about as good as PUBG and looks a lot better in general. Guns feel pretty solid, bit closer to an arcadey-style than a mil-sim, but there is still bullet velocity, drop, scope zeroing etc.

Inventory system being based around your travel mode is actually relatively interesting. Difference in carry capacity from the ice axe > glider is huge, but the glider is soooooo useful.

I think it plays better than PUBG personally, just need to do some duos and squads. Been doing a lot of solo games and really liking it.

Shooting people off the glider is really easy, that's the only reason I don't use it. It's definitely a giant target. Snowboard is okay but carry capacity seems to be where it's at.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man, after cod blackout, heres another beta that runs better than pubg.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Really loving this game after playing with a squad, some of the dumb shit like snowboards really make it fun/funny.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Totally sold on this game ( and its free ffs ). The shots seems to register so much better than pubg, it actually connect with targets. Am also having zero problems with lag / choppiness etc. Movements feel fluid and crisp.

Being in a firefight against a squad in town, then having another team gliding in the air over us with everyone shooting and goin nuts, its just honest good times. This shit is a sleeper hit.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea it's really quite good. The different movement systems all seem relatively viable, and the varying inventory sizes actually matter a lot.

Only thing I really miss is some kind of weapon zeroing, unless it's buried someplace in the UI I just can't find?

Hekotat

There is also a fix to help with the janky'ish movement if you're in W10. it really cleaned up how the game felt.

Basically you go to the install folder, locate ever .exe file and do the following.

1. Right click and select properties.
2. Locate the compatibility tab (I think this is all from memory).
3. Check "Disable fullscreen optimization".

Enjoy even more silkyness.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Runs like shit, but at least it's free. 45-55fps, dips to 30 all the time. Uses like 30% of my GPU so it's a CPU based game which fucks my old as fuck 920. People being huge douches at the end helicopter is annoying, but also funny. I lost a solo because some doofus was just camping the ladder. He does it for so long a guy he is shooting on the ladder drops off, turns, hits him once and kills him because he was in the fucking Ymir for so long.

I won a solo because heli was next to me and I just booked it, some idiot IN THE SAME HOUSE AS ME, stayed there, 6 feet from the helicopter the rest of the match. He just kept trying to fight the last guys before they could get on the ladder. I'm in the heli watching it. House dude is in a 1v1 vs a guy like 20ish feet from chopper. They're in a huge gun fight. Houseboy takes hits, gas guy gets hit, houseboy wins it. He's running to the ladder, starts climbing, he's like 70% up....and dies. He took too much damage in the last fight because he's a fucking killthirsting dingus.

I laffed.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Explain helicopter, extracting is winning not being last alive?

Only played a couple games one I was near the helo but qas stuck in open trying to fight a guy behind a metal railing on building. Could see open air between grate and edge of building but cant shoot thru it. Just kept healing thru headshots id pop him with as he stood.

• 1Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
4 can make it out and win boarding the heli. But why would you ever let em climb the ladder.

Hekotat

Runs like shit, but at least it's free. 45-55fps, dips to 30 all the time. Uses like 30% of my GPU so it's a CPU based game which fucks my old as fuck 920. People being huge douches at the end helicopter is annoying, but also funny. I lost a solo because some doofus was just camping the ladder. He does it for so long a guy he is shooting on the ladder drops off, turns, hits him once and kills him because he was in the fucking Ymir for so long.

I won a solo because heli was next to me and I just booked it, some idiot IN THE SAME HOUSE AS ME, stayed there, 6 feet from the helicopter the rest of the match. He just kept trying to fight the last guys before they could get on the ladder. I'm in the heli watching it. House dude is in a 1v1 vs a guy like 20ish feet from chopper. They're in a huge gun fight. Houseboy takes hits, gas guy gets hit, houseboy wins it. He's running to the ladder, starts climbing, he's like 70% up....and dies. He took too much damage in the last fight because he's a fucking killthirsting dingus.

I laffed.

Did you change those settings I linked above? That kept me at a solid 100fps.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Did you change those settings I linked above? That kept me at a solid 100fps.

No, but I just tried it. I'll see how it shakes out tonight. If anyone with OBS plans on streaming it make sure you use Game Capture and not Window Capture. I had it like that for an hour before some one told me it looked like fucking Sombra was hacking my screen every 3 seconds.

Hekotat

No, but I just tried it. I'll see how it shakes out tonight. If anyone with OBS plans on streaming it make sure you use Game Capture and not Window Capture. I had it like that for an hour before some one told me it looked like fucking Sombra was hacking my screen every 3 seconds.

Them forcing full screen windowed mode only is absolutely retarded.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I did your fix. Still shitty for me. It hovers around 45-50fps. I'm not super high maintenance and I probably played games for 10 years at 45FPS so it's not that bad for me, but it just seems like there's like some graphic option they have turned way up no matter what. The graphics are really basic, so I don't know why it'd be so bad on FPS. I imagine it's the snow map and particle effects you basically can't turn off. Snow effects ALWAYS increase FPS. AION's snow level used to push my 8800gt to 100 degrees celsius. Fucking ridiculous.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game is definitely fun enough for free. Wish the games started a little faster. They last about 25 minutes if you win which is maybe 5ish minutes longer than I'd like, but way better than the 35 minute PUBG games before Sanhok. A lot of people in this game are terrible:

And there's weird stuff in here that's just... here for reasons?

Just make sure you remember which equipment you have. Not having a glider can be a problem. A big problem.

Overall I'll play it a few hours a day until COD comes out in two weeks. Then I could see me never playing this game again outside of major patches. But like I said, it's nice for a true F2P game.

• 1Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
The traveling mechanics is what will prolly bring me back every now and then after cod. That and i hear theres an attraction park map that could come eventually, a map thats released in their china version or something i dunno.