RIP Araysar

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Don't remember this.

So the Romans didn't have several days of feasting and gift giving at the winter equinox?

The video you PMed me was about the current superficial qualities of santa and trees etc which is German stuff the Victorians took on.

Then of course it's all merged with the fanfic census travel nonsense to justify why Jesus of Nazareth fufilled a prophecy that the messiah would be born in Bethlehem, when he was from the wrong town lmao.

Chris has been completely demoralized by Globohomo propaganda. Supports Ukraine, hates on Christianity. Probably thinks we need to legalize weed

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chris has been completely demoralized by Globohomo propaganda. Supports Ukraine, hates on Christianity. Probably thinks we need to legalize weed
IDK, I'm pretty chill here. Posting about my favourite games and wintering in the English countryside.

You are the one bitching about NATO subsidies and utility bills, failing to demoralise me lol. Are you globohomo?

• 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I had fixed rate with gas/electric for 2 years and mortgage for 5 years starting just before covid, so I missed most of the energy spike and all of the mortgage spike so far.

Anyway I'm in a hot tub so it's not like I can't afford energy:
View attachment 505513
1703434594321.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
IDK, I'm pretty chill here. Posting about my favourite games and wintering in the English countryside.

You are the one bitching about NATO subsidies and utility bills, failing to demoralise me lol. Are you globohomo?

Bitching? Are MY utility bills through the roof or something?

Lmao.

Rubbing your dumb face into how wrong you were about everything isn't bitching. It's just another Xmas present for me, one of many.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bitching? Are MY utility bills through the roof or something?

Lmao.

Rubbing your dumb face into how wrong you were about everything isn't bitching. It's just another Xmas present for me, one of many.
Wrong about being in financial difficulties or Ukraine War being a stalemate? No.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don't remember this.

So the Romans didn't have several days of feasting and gift giving at the winter equinox?

The video you PMed me was about the current superficial qualities of santa and trees etc which is German stuff the Victorians took on.

Then of course it's all merged with the fanfic census travel nonsense to justify why Jesus of Nazareth fufilled a prophecy that the messiah would be born in Bethlehem, when he was from the wrong town lmao.
What is this gibberish? It's quite simple. The solemnity of the Nativity is on December 25 because it's 9 months after the feast of the Annunciation on March 25. Saturnalia has nothing to do with this.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
What is this gibberish? It's quite simple. The solemnity of the Nativity is on December 25 because it's 9 months after the feast of the Annunciation on March 25. Saturnalia has nothing to do with this.

Chris Chris ask him when feast of annunciation was invented

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chris Chris ask him when feast of annunciation was invented
Lmao so I'm saying they just shoved Christmas on the Winer Solstice like every other religion shoved something there and it's easier to convert people if you don't cancel their party...

But nooooo it's actually because it's 9 months out from the Feast of "Gabriel" jizzing in Mary... oh but that's the Spring Equinox and another case of moving religious dates to coincide with easy to track astronomical events.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Lmao so I'm saying they just shoved Christmas on the Winer Solstice like every other religion shoved something there and it's easier to convert people if you don't cancel their party...

But nooooo it's actually because it's 9 months out from the Feast of "Gabriel" jizzing in Mary... oh but that's the Spring Equinox and another case of moving religious dates to coincide with easy to track astronomical events.

I bet that simply backdating Feast of Annunciation to exactly 9 months before Xmas was a thing that totally DID NOT happen.

After all it's common knowledge that babies are delivered exactly 9 months to the day, every time

Chris

Potato del Grande
I bet that simply backdating Feast of Annunciation to exactly 9 months before Xmas was a thing that totally DID NOT happen.

After all it's common knowledge that babies are delivered exactly 9 months to the day, every time
I bet that God made babies take 9 months to make the Spring Equinox and Winter Solstace dates line up.

Talos

You have the order of importance backwards. Astronomical events were used to help figure out Passover, yes, because they were a reliable way of tracking time. The religious event is what's important—not the position of the moon and stars. You also appear to have adopted the modern idea that the Nativity is more important than Pascha when the opposite was true in early Christianity.

At the time of the Council of Nicaea, there were different groups of Christians who were celebrating the Christian Passover but who disagreed on exactly when to celebrate. Some Christians were celebrating it at the same time as the Jewish Passover. Other Christians determined that it happened on March 25, historically. They were doing it on March 25, whatever day of the week that fell on, sort of the way we celebrate a lot of other feasts. There were also Christians who were doing a sort of variation of what we do now, even if they were doing it on the Sunday nearest the Jewish Passover or the Sunday nearest the 25th. At the Council of Nicaea, this was all settled for the sake of Christian unity.

What was the settlement? As mentioned, there were Christians who were used to celebrating on March 25. What was proposed in the deliberations is the idea of integral age—a supposed Jewish tradition that the date of a prophet’s death would be the same date as his conception. Whether or not there was really such a tradition is a whole different discussion, but the people at the council seemed to think there was. This integral age idea was set forth as part of the settlement. Therefore, if the date that Christ was crucified is March 25 then that would also have been the date of his conception. That was the beginning of the celebration of what we now call the feast of the Annunciation which is celebrated on March 25.

You can read this yourself in Calculating Christmas by Dr. William Tighe. It talks about integral age and the Annunciation to make this point: If you know the Annunciation is on March 25, what generally happens nine months after a baby is conceived? That's where the date for Christmas comes from. It’s not based on a historical memory of the Church, archeological evidence, appeasing pagans, or anything like that. It's simply the liturgical date when Christ's birth is celebrated.

One last point about this saturnalia nonsense. Even if it had been the case (it's not) that the Church chose to pick something to replace a pagan feast, that’s not syncretism or trying to appease pagans. That's a conquest. We’re taking this time of year and claiming it for Christ. Again, this is not the case for the date of Christmas, but the point is even if it were it wouldn't be syncretism.

Christ's death and resurrection is about the defeat of death, sin, and the demonic powers of paganism. Our job as Christians is to proclaim this victory, the evangelium, and go retake the world for Christ. The pagan world's months and days were indeed dedicated to demonic powers. The Christian festal calendar is about reclaiming time itself from them and giving them back up to God.

tl;dr There's no excuse to remain ignorant about these things. Stop your foolishness and return to the Christianity of your forefathers.

Talos

See above. End the globhomo nightmare. Return to the Christian tradition of your forefathers.

• 1Faggotry

Chris

Potato del Grande
You have the order of importance backwards. Astronomical events were used to help figure out Passover, yes, because they were a reliable way of tracking time. The religious event is what's important—not the position of the moon and stars. You also appear to have adopted the modern idea that the Nativity is more important than Pascha when the opposite was true in early Christianity.

At the time of the Council of Nicaea, there were different groups of Christians who were celebrating the Christian Passover but who disagreed on exactly when to celebrate. Some Christians were celebrating it at the same time as the Jewish Passover. Other Christians determined that it happened on March 25, historically. They were doing it on March 25, whatever day of the week that fell on, sort of the way we celebrate a lot of other feasts. There were also Christians who were doing a sort of variation of what we do now, even if they were doing it on the Sunday nearest the Jewish Passover or the Sunday nearest the 25th. At the Council of Nicaea, this was all settled for the sake of Christian unity.

What was the settlement? As mentioned, there were Christians who were used to celebrating on March 25. What was proposed in the deliberations is the idea of integral age—a supposed Jewish tradition that the date of a prophet’s death would be the same date as his conception. Whether or not there was really such a tradition is a whole different discussion, but the people at the council seemed to think there was. This integral age idea was set forth as part of the settlement. Therefore, if the date that Christ was crucified is March 25 then that would also have been the date of his conception. That was the beginning of the celebration of what we now call the feast of the Annunciation which is celebrated on March 25.

You can read this yourself in Calculating Christmas by Dr. William Tighe. It talks about integral age and the Annunciation to make this point: If you know the Annunciation is on March 25, what generally happens nine months after a baby is conceived? That's where the date for Christmas comes from. It’s not based on a historical memory of the Church, archeological evidence, appeasing pagans, or anything like that. It's simply the liturgical date when Christ's birth is celebrated.

One last point about this saturnalia nonsense. Even if it had been the case (it's not) that the Church chose to pick something to replace a pagan feast, that’s not syncretism or trying to appease pagans. That's a conquest. We’re taking this time of year and claiming it for Christ. Again, this is not the case for the date of Christmas, but the point is even if it were it wouldn't be syncretism.

Christ's death and resurrection is about the defeat of death, sin, and the demonic powers of paganism. Our job as Christians is to proclaim this victory, the evangelium, and go retake the world for Christ. The pagan world's months and days were indeed dedicated to demonic powers. The Christian festal calendar is about reclaiming time itself from them and giving them back up to God.

tl;dr There's no excuse to remain ignorant about these things. Stop your foolishness and return to the Christianity of your forefathers.
Wow what a coincidence that Jesus was born and died on the Spring Equinox and that babies take 3/4rd of a year.

Christianity is really special, no other religion falls on these dates. Other than Romans and Aztecs and loads others...

Personally I have more belief that Warhammer 40k is a vision of the future than Christianity being real. 40k makes more sense.

• 1Moron

Talos

Wow what a coincidence that Jesus was born and died on the Spring Equinox and that babies take 3/4rd of a year.

Christianity is really special, no other religion falls on these dates. Other than Romans and Aztecs and loads others...

Personally I have more belief that Warhammer 40k is a vision of the future than Christianity being real. 40k makes more sense.
Indeed, all of creation kneels before Christ. You seem really desperate to preserve the totally discredited new atheist canards. Sad!

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Bro the first historical mention of the Annunciation Feast seems to be after 600 AD. The first mention of Christmas is around 200 AD.

It's clear that they just created the feast several centuries after celebration of Xmas and then backdated it 9 months.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
See above. End the globhomo nightmare. Return to the Christian tradition of your forefathers.

The church has always practiced syncretism when conquering. Just look at the New World.