RIP Brad McQuaid

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
RIP, thanks for EQ, Vangaurd, and The Vision.

I'll always be a orthodox true believer in that Vision for MMOs

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
RIP Brad.

I was casual as fuck back in EQ (yes, such a thing existed), but I've still got a lot of good memories of the game (mostly of me finding goofy-ass ways to die). Drowning in the stream in Kaladim because I couldn't figure out what the "swim up" button was, getting killed by Corflunk in Butcherblock as I ran blithely past him, thinking he was a player character, finding myself in impromptu zone-wide train-derailing actions when trains got pulled to zone lines. These things really stuck with me. EQ was my first time experiencing a game that felt like a world, rather than just as a backdrop for the gameplay or story, which as I think about it, had a massive effect on the kinds of games I gravitate towards today. Thanks for all the memories, Brad.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

You have entered Ocean of Tears.

Last edited:
  • 22Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 22 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rip Brad

I’ll leave this dude sitting somewhere in the karanas where the roads cross.

I’ll see you there someday.

CF7120A6-AB23-4A93-A2F2-691B907C2466.jpeg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Rest in peace, Brad. EverQuest had a real impact on my life. Fuck anybody showing disrespect.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Love him or not the man created something that has touched so many people which to be honest is a rare thing to achieve. RIP Brad. Thanks for the Jboots!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I know we gave him a lot of shit, but his life really effected all of ours, and hundreds of thousands of others. Maybe even millions if you consider EQ's influence on WoW. He definitely touched my life. Rest in peace, Brad. See you on the flip side.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rali

Trakanon Raider
RIP Aradune.

So many great memories from EQ, and friendships that have lasted to this day, not least of which, is my wife. We met during the PoP era and several kids later here we still are. If it wasn't for this man, we may never have met.

Sad day.. :(

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
EQ literally changed the course of my life.

Sitting in Europe i met my wife in EQ and 2 years later moved to the US to marry her. 18 years and 2 kids later i have a great job here in one of the biggest companies in the world.

And i still play EQ (on an EMU obviously, EQlive is a monstrosity)

RIP Brad thanks for Norrath and the memories.

• 8Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1574252738793.png

From the tutorial (the standalone program that came with the original game)

• 23Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 25 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Someone had shared this image of FoH and Aradune on the Everquest Facebook page. Thought I would drop it here for you folks that may have not seen it.

75418161_10100455107353588_3774674743014195200_o.jpg

• 17Like
Reactions: 16 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RIP Brad. You made a huge impact in most of our lives. Thank you.

The people here who attacked him relentlessly and personally, are scum.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
He gave all of us so many awesome memories. I look back on my Everquest playing with great fondness. No gaming experience has compared since(and for my family's sake, hopefully none ever does!). RIP, Aradune!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users