RIP Bud Spencer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aged 86, he passed away today

picture as requested

image-632182-galleryV9-mscf-632182.jpg

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Quineloe you could at least provide a picture.

Good bye sweet Bluto!
rrr_img_136291.jpg

Seriously though, I remember him from "Watch Out We're Mad." I watched that movie when I was a kid, iirc it was half Italian half English with subtitles. I think I was too young to read so my Dad read it to me. I could be way off but I feel like that is how I knew him.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Quineloe you could at least provide a picture.

Good bye sweet Bluto!
rrr_img_136291.jpg

Seriously though, I remember him from "Watch Out We're Mad." I watched that movie when I was a kid, iirc it was half Italian half English with subtitles. I think I was too young to read so my Dad read it to me. I could be way off but I feel like that is how I knew him.
Thanks for pointing that out! For an FoH Veteran I am disappoint in your lack of catching the time honored tradition of fake pics in RIP Threads.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Lame. I loved the air bud movies. Kudos for posting his age in Human years rather than the little over 12 years that Jesus blessed this planet with his canine presence.

He will be missed. Luckily he is survived by his bitch and 47 offspring.

rrr_img_136292.jpg

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
As a kid we used to watch those movies he'd done with Terrance Hill. We called them the Trinity movies - from the more well known Trinity Brothers film IIRC

I did a read up on him just a few months back during some nostalgia. Surprised to see the young pictures of him being incredibly fit, he had been one of the world's best swimmers back in his time.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I use to love his movies with Terrance Hill as a kid. They were a fun pair. I saw quite a few at the theater too...god I'm old.
smile.png

Szlia

i wasnt a fan of his, but he was very popular over here.
rrr_img_136306.jpg
You are joking but....

wikipedia_sl said:
In 1967 film director Giuseppe Colizzi offered him a role in God Forgives... I Don't!, but initially he refused, asking more money to play. The conversation with the film director had not gone particularly well then, because [Carlo] Pedersoli had not yet grown the beard and was poor at horseriding. Despite that, the director could not find anyone else with his physical structure, so after some time he recalled the guy, offering him the role with the economic conditions that Pedersoli had requested. On the set, he met another unknown young actor, Mario Girotti (Terence Hill). The film director asked the two actors to change their names, deeming them to be too Italian-sounding for a Western movie: Pedersoli chose Bud Spencer to pay homage to Spencer Tracy as well as his favorite beer, Budweiser.