RIP Dave Brockie a.k.a. Oderus Ungrurus from GWAR

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well this is fucking awful. Best shows I have ever been to were Gwar shows.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FUCK NO!!!!!

I was literally just watching this a few days ago.

god damnit.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
This sucks. GWAR was one of the few bands I'd go see whenever they came to town, regardless if I liked their new album or not. RIP.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I always loved that after their shows you could spot anyone that had been there for hours. The fake blood and other things always drenched the crowd.You could be walking down Sunset and cars would go by screaming at you and waving.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I always loved that after their shows you could spot anyone that had been there for hours. The fake blood and other things always drenched the crowd.You could be walking down Sunset and cars would go by screaming at you and waving.
1997 I believe or 1998 Dragoncon in Atlanta I will never forget these LARPERS came in I think playng a game called Changeling. I mean totally not mixing with the GWAR and Metal crowd wearing fairy wings and shit. He took the hose he was spraying the crowd with and splashed their whole group with this Green Ooze "you can't do it on television style".

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
RIP

meTRcTs.jpg

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
1997 I believe or 1998 Dragoncon in Atlanta I will never forget these LARPERS came in I think playng a game called Changeling. I mean totally not mixing with the GWAR and Metal crowd wearing fairy wings and shit. He took the hose he was spraying the crowd with and splashed their whole group with this Green Ooze "you can't do it on television style".
I was there for that. It was awesome.

God I miss GWAR at DragonCon.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
First time I saw Gwar was at this club in Houston called The Abyss. They had someone paint the bands logo and the date of the first time they played there on the walls. Their roof was permanently stained from previous Gwar shows. I think my white shirt wound up...pink (?) by the time the show was over. The club was primarily a metal club, so most shows you could walk up to the day of the show and just walk right on in and pay to get in. There was always a line around the block whenever Gwar played.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You'll have to be more specific. I see a lot of Boba Fetts macking on Lara Crofts just about every year.
tongue.png
They got sprayed and they were hitting on eachother pretty hardcore through the event. They were paid to be there not fans.