RIP Dave Brockie a.k.a. Oderus Ungrurus from GWAR

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm
First time I saw Gwar was at this club in Houston called The Abyss. They had someone paint the bands logo and the date of the first time they played there on the walls. Their roof was permanently stained from previous Gwar shows. I think my white shirt wound up...pink (?) by the time the show was over. The club was primarily a metal club, so most shows you could walk up to the day of the show and just walk right on in and pay to get in. There was always a line around the block whenever Gwar played.
Ahh man that brings back memories. I feel old as fuck now. First time I saw them was at the Vatican in 1992 (later became the Abyss). After my first show, I would go there early as fuck just so I could get up to the rail. I just saw them in Denver a year ago and Dave was just kinda hanging out by one of the side doors. I regret not going up and getting picture with him now. I also feel bad that I'll never get to take my oldest son (14) to a Gwar show now.

iannis

Musty Nester
Aww man.

A guy in a band that toured with GWAR_sl said:
"I learned many things from Dave, many of which I am eternally grateful for, and some of which I am deeply ashamed of.
I think that may be the best euology possible. Short and perfect.

SEXICUTIONER.