RIP Dennis Farina (mob boss in Snatch, Get Shorty and Midnight Run)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
His name wasnt as popular as brando or gandolfini, but when you saw him you knew who he is and he was likely playing a mobster. He will be missed. :-(

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
His name wasnt as popular as brando or gandolfini, but when you saw him you knew who he is and he was likely playing a mobster. He will be missed. :-(
I was just thinking about the dude the other day, specifically wtf was his name, I've seen him in tons of movies but never had the face to the name. :0( sucks

Nester

Vyemm Raider
That is Frank Vincent in Goodfellas, i know because i said the same thing before my edit ....

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i always assumed he was a mobster. i honestly dont know many diamond brokers so i dunno if they go around waving and shooting guns.
in honor of dennis im rocking a pot of popcorn and im gonna watch snatch again. fucking love that movie.

iannis

Musty Nester
And I've heard they don't even burn the cards in that Jersey Crew.
Uhh, well, boss...
Look. It either means something or it doesn't.

He's on the short list for Iconic character actors. Dude might have only done / been hired to do one thing, but he did theshitout of it.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Lot of you fuckers obviously never saw Snatch. It was a joke. He was part of a new wave of mobsters who all pretended to be Jewish (the only way to get into the diamond game), but they were still fucking criminals like any other group carrying out hits and extortion. If you haven't seen this movie, go see it now.

Also, Farina was a cop for almost 20 years before getting into acting. Get Shorty not only helped make his career, but also made Gandolfini as it showed him in a dramatic light as an almost sympathetic character, instead of a mindless thug like True Romance. Sucks balls both of this guys died recently.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember him all the way back to Michael Mann's Crime Story in '86, definitely on the of the best character actors of our time.

No matter how many times I see Get Shorty, this scene just kills me:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I remember him most from law and order. He was recently on some commercial spots for high speed cable or some shit as well.