slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This is no surprise at all if you've seen their shelves the past few years

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They’ve been dead for awhile, they just had to siphon what little money they had into their real estate side to avoid having to give it to creditors.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Absolutely loved that store 5-10 years ago. Constantly packed, amazing selections, good prices. I could just go in there and walk around for a couple hours, and I’m a person who hates shopping like a woman like that.

Went in a couple times in the past couple of years and it was just an barren dump with workers just wandering around doing nothing. Sad, wonder what happened? Piss poor upper management? They got tired of printing money?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Absolutely loved that store 5-10 years ago. Constantly packed, amazing selections, good prices. I could just go in there and walk around for a couple hours, and I’m a person who hates shopping like a woman like that.

Went in a couple times in the past couple of years and it was just an barren dump with workers just wandering around doing nothing. Sad, wonder what happened? Piss poor upper management? They got tired of printing money?
One of their execs killed it with a bunch of scams. They ran out of money to buy products and no one would front them any.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What a shame. I pretty much bought all my electronics there about 10 years ago. Loved their audio displays. Granted once online shopping started I just used Fry's as a demo place and then went home and bought it online for cheaper.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Where the hell will I get candy now? Cracker barrel is out of the way.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
One of their execs killed it with a bunch of scams. They ran out of money to buy products and no one would front them any.
You have a link to the story? Curious what scams he was doing.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Just saw the news. Today is a dark day for sure. So many memories of our pilgrimage to Fry's on the way to E3 and Comic Con in the 90s, mostly to load up on clearance section books, but also to touch all the hardware that was so poorly displayed. It was so novel to be able to buy a single resistor, a video card and a sandwich from the same store. We were so excited when they built one in Vegas. It used to be a weekly stop for me, whether I needed anything or not. The empty shelves and decline in customers, even before covid, was so sad to see, but like a elderly family member, it's not shocking but still a low time when they finally go.

RIP Radio Shack, Incredible Universe, CompUSA, Circuit City, Ultimate Electronics, and now Fry's Electronics. Prepare the elegy for Best Buy.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is no surprise at all if you've seen their shelves the past few years
Yeah stopped by one last March to get a new mouse and the one by me was barren.

Real shame too because the first computer I ever bought(some pentium 4 system) came from there 18-19 years ago. Back then it was filled to the brim product and people. They used to carry some great niche electronic stuff too, filling the void Radio Shack left.

Prepare the elegy for Best Buy.
Theyre trying like hell to adapt. Their stores have basically become places where you demo products then have stuff shipped to it. 10+ years ago they where much more like Frys, lots of shelves filled with endless product.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
He was shaking down suppliers for kickbacks.

Man. Fogel Fogel is a Hardass judge.

2D55BB08-205A-4139-B17A-1042BB9481BA.jpeg

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So funny, I literally just went in there Friday night because I needed a PSU quickly. I was being lazy and didn't want to drive all the way to Best Buy, and didn't have the patience to order one online and wait for it to arrive.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Growing up in the Midwest we didn’t have fries AFAIK but I gotta say when I visited my family out in Vegas I really love going there.