RIP Games for Windows Live

elidib

Vyemm Raider
It looks like whether a game gets the DRM patched out or not is on the company that made the game, not Microsoft.

So you can expect most of the games to never get the DRM patched out. Dark Souls I would think would definitely be one that won't be patched such that it will be remotely playable as intended after the death of GFWL.
Microsoft needs to just let skidrow do this. Less chance of fucking it up.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
So if a game is using GFWL's DRM and is not patched out you won't even be able to play it single player? That's what you all mean by DRM right? I must be reading wrong.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
So if a game is using GFWL's DRM and is not patched out you won't even be able to play it single player? That's what you all mean by DRM right? I must be reading wrong.
Yes, but all games that have any support/still being sold should be patched at least that much. Don't hold out much hope for online features in older games/ bad console ports.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
ironic that pirating these games was easier than playing through gfwl
I always made that joke but really it's nothing new to consumer goods. It's easier to steal groceries, for example, than it is to pay for them.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I always made that joke but really it's nothing new to consumer goods. It's easier to steal groceries, for example, than it is to pay for them.
I don't think that analogy works as well as you want it too. Maybe I need to put more points into sneak?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wouldnt a better analogy be buying pain killers from some dude on the street v going to a doctor and then to a pharmacy?