RIP Gene Wilder

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just watched Blazing Saddles and Willy Wonka for the first time ever this past week, since my BF wanted me to watch Gene Wilder in some movies since he loved the shit out of him. Seemed like an awesome actor. RIP

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Always loved this guy, especially liked the stuff he did with Richard Pryor, such a great coupling.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, since I am your host, and you are my guest, what is your pleasure?

I don't know. Play chess, screw?

Well let's play chess.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2:40 mark when he starts getting caught fucking a sheep
[video]

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The star of some of my all time favorite movies...RIP Homie Gene!

118.jpg

Brad2770

I think this is the first celebrity death that has genuinely made me sad. I watched Willy Wonka a lot as a kid. I saw a lot of his other movies too because my uncles were Gene and Richard fans.

Looks like I'll be adding some movies to my collection this weekend.

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I thought he'd been gone a while, but a previous discussion we had about him made me look into it. I was surprised to see he was still alive. Sure enough, now he passes away.

A truly unique and amazing actor, we'll likely never come across someone like that again.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn this year sucks for celebrity deaths. A lot of his movies are the shining examples of how they can't make comedies worth a shit anymore. RIP

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Oh deary dear ...

5O1Fqc7.gif

The guy was a truly unique actor. I can't think of a single movie he starred in that could be successfully remade (yes you failed Johnny Depp) because he left such a mark on the characters he played.

RIP

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
RIP :( While I was driving today NPR was replaying Gene's interview on fresh air from 2005, never knew he was unhappy for so many years of his life
Actor Gene Wilder: 'Kiss Me Like a Stranger'

He said for years he was obsessed with praying, sometimes praying up to 6 hours a day, because his mother was depressed and miserable all the time and he felt bad about ever being happy. He apparently had alzheimers at the end, having gone through that with my grandma its such a horrible thing to see such amazing people end up with :(

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh deary dear ...

5O1Fqc7.gif

The guy was a truly unique actor. I can't think of a single movie he starred in that could be successfully remade (yes you failed Johnny Depp) because he left such a mark on the characters he played.

RIP

Not to be THAT guy.... but The Producers, maybe. The new one was pretty good.