Egon-Spengler-blog480.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
QUICK! POST PICTURES OF NOT HAROLD RAMIS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

HAROLD AND KUMAR WOULD BE SO FUNNY!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That was one big damn Twinkie. No seriously, he got pretty fat later on.

This sucks. At least god was kind enough to only take two good actors in this latest triumvate.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
The guy was a comedy legend even before he passed. Animal House was a groundbreaking film.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed most of his work. Thanks for everything Harold.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
He should totally be a ghostbusting ghost when hollywood inevitably makes ghostbusters 3.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The real genius behind of most of the Landis era SNL and movie blockbusters. Sad loss.

Fezziwig

Joviality incarnate
First movie he directed (he wrote it too)... Caddyshack. Could've stopped right there and been lauded a genius.

"It's a Cinderella story..."

RIP

The first celebrity we respect too much to deride with incorrect pictures for comedic purposes?

Interesting interview with him from 2006:The Believer - Interview with Harold Ramis

THE BELIEVER: Rumor has it that you turned down the chance to direct Disney's remake of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner because you felt they weren't interested in really exploring racism.

HAROLD RAMIS: The way they wanted to do it didn't have a lot to do with the colossal amount of pain and violence that swirls around racial injustice. It would've been like an episode of The Jeffersons. What's the point? But who knows, maybe that's as much as most people want. I can't tell you how many people have told me, "When I go to the movies, I don't want to think."

THE BELIEVER: Does that offend you as a filmmaker?

HAROLD RAMIS: It offends me as a human being. Why wouldn't you want to think? What does that mean? Why not just shoot yourself in the fucking head? Or people'll say that they don't want to see any negative emotions. They don't want to see unpleasantness. I did a comedy with Al Franken about his character Stuart Smalley, which was really about alcoholism and addiction and codependency. It had some painful stuff in it. When we showed it to focus groups, some of them actually said, "If I want to see a dysfunctional family, I'll stay home."

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just woke up and this was the first thing I saw, basically my day is ruined. I also feel old.