RIP Jerry Lewis. :(

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Nutty Professor (1963)

Tagline: What does he become? What kind of monster?

Genre: Comedy, Family, Romance, Science Fiction

Director: Jerry Lewis

Cast: Jerry Lewis, Stella Stevens, Henry Gibson, Richard Kiel, Del Moore, Norman Alden, Howard Morris, Elvia Allman, Milton Frome, Doodles Weaver, Kathleen Freeman, Murray Alper, Buddy Lester, Med Flory, Stephanie Hill

Release: 1963-06-04

Runtime: 107

Plot: Jerry Lewis directed, co-wrote and starred in this riotously funny movie that set a new standard for screen comedy and inspired the hit remake. Lewis plays a timid, nearsighted chemistry teacher who discovers a magical potion that can transform him into a suave and handsome Romeo. The Jekyll and Hyde game works well enough until the concoction starts to wear off at the most embarrassing times.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
MI0002253248.jpg

RIP in peace.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
sorry he's dead, but his movies were some obnoxious repugnant shit. the zany ones from the 50s and 60s. they sometimes used to put that shit on sunday afternoons IN PLACE OF the Kung Fu movies they usually had. goddamn it still makes me angry. i rather watch those frankie and annette "beach" movies because it had hot chicks in it instead of this whiny fuckstick acting retarded.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't know that he created a comedy archetype, but he certainly made full use of it.

And he didn't have to do MD fundraisers. He probably did break ground with that. Like the first successful kick starter.

There's a few interviews with him that are great. You can tell he's thinking, "who the fuck are you, why the fuck are you in my house, and why the fuck are you asking me retarded questions".

For a man who made his fortune off foolishness, he did not seem to tolerate fools.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I won't lie. I thought he had been dead for like 30 years.
I always wonder about threads like these. Especially the super old ones. Like, were you fucking 5 or something and watching old as shit movies with your grandparents and developed some affinity for Jerry Lewis?

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I always wonder about threads like these. Especially the super old ones. Like, were you fucking 5 or something and watching old as shit movies with your grandparents and developed some affinity for Jerry Lewis?
Well lots of times they continue onward in things and some people remember them and some don't. In this case I personally didn't remember seeing him or hearing about him past anything childhood so I just assumed he had died. It wasn't like we really got news in our face all the time in the 70's/80's/90's so lots of people died that we really didn't talk about. On the other hand someone who watches certain channels/types of shows would have known he was still living until recently.
I haven't watched network TV in decades other than on New Years. I couldn't tell you a thing about any of those shows or actors. I could tell you quite a bit about ones on AMC/Syfy/TNT however. Many people are the exact flip of that. It is why I try not to bash someone I didn't care or know about but this was a case where I knew who he was, but simply thought he had died ages ago.

That's a hell of a response to a question you already knew the answer to though haha.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well lots of times they continue onward in things and some people remember them and some don't. In this case I personally didn't remember seeing him or hearing about him past anything childhood so I just assumed he had died. It wasn't like we really got news in our face all the time in the 70's/80's/90's so lots of people died that we really didn't talk about. On the other hand someone who watches certain channels/types of shows would have known he was still living until recently.
I haven't watched network TV in decades other than on New Years. I couldn't tell you a thing about any of those shows or actors. I could tell you quite a bit about ones on AMC/Syfy/TNT however. Many people are the exact flip of that. It is why I try not to bash someone I didn't care or know about but this was a case where I knew who he was, but simply thought he had died ages ago.

That's a hell of a response to a question you already knew the answer to though haha.
Dear diary...

Just giving you shit.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was maybe 8 or 9. ABC or what was later Fox used to play old movies on Sunday. i think ABC was those beach bunny movies. the Fox precursor used to play Kung fu films all day from noon to 6pm. it did that from the 70s to the mid 80s when Fox took over and probably a bit later. it was the only station would hook you up with a day of awesome violence. once in a while they would be dicks and throw on a bunch of old jerry lewis films and it was basically unbearable. i'm sure he was a nice guy and helped a lot of kids or whatever, i just know him as the guy who played a retard and ruined my kung fu sundays.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database