RIP John Hurt

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
He passed away at the age of 77. The first role I remember seeing him play is a classic.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I watched Jackie the day before he died and was thinking how awesome he was in The Proposition

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was too young to see Alien at the theater in '79 but I definitely remember this scene at the theater:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
One of my favorite movies and one of the most iconic scenes in cinema. RIP.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I always liked him in Contact as well. He was just a great character actor.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely one of my favorite actors, his voice was up there Tony Jay in terms of uniqueness.

Malkav

French Madman
The amount of nerds who are crying over him on social medias solely because of his role in Harry Potter and his episode as the Doctor kinda pisses me off.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Da fuq was he in Harry Potter?

Edit... wow he was the Wand Merchant guy.

That's the sign of a great actor, you notice the character and not the actor.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I heard on NPR (I believe it was NPR) that the scene with Alien and the chestburster was completely kept secret to the cast. I think the woman (not Sigorney [sp]) mentioned she had fainted when the blood splattered everyone.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
jesus christ, he was a great actor, he even made shit stuff look good, he was the voice of the dragon on Merlin and he had a good role in snowpiercer.
\
lol, for some odd reason i got him mixed with Ian Holm cuz i really love that guy too and thankfully is still around.

Last edited:

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
jesus christ, he was a great actor, he even made shit stuff look good, he was the voice of the dragon on Merlin and he had a good role in snowpiercer.
\
lol, for some odd reason i got him mixed with Ian Holm cuz i really love that guy too and thankfully is still around.

Don't worry we have a few more months until both Ian Holm and Ian McKellan die.