RIP R. Lee Ermey

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That sucks. I really enjoyed Full Metal Jacket and The Watch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
his show on discovery channel was pretty cool, he showed some really cool military weapons and tech.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you were ever stationed at camp pendlton you could run into him. I saw him at the PX and whispered to my wife "holy shit" he turned around and said "what, you've never seen a fucking celebrity before" and then had a talk about how my life in the miliary was going. The man was a stud and funny as hell

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I met him at a car show in the early 2000s. Nice dude. Seen FMJ way too many times and Mail Call was fun.

13o7ni.jpg

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you were ever stationed at camp pendlton you could run into him. I saw him at the PX and whispered to my wife "holy shit" he turned around and said "what, you've never seen a fucking celebrity before" and then had a talk about how my life in the miliary was going. The man was a stud and funny as hell

Similar story. Friend of mine was a marine, him and his wife were stationed there for a bit and ran into him. He said gunny went fmj in front of them and they just froze as he was so terrifying. They had their 6 month old with them and she thought he was hilarious. She'd laugh and he'd just cuss louder. Good times

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Met him at a military surplus store back in 2016: he was signing autographs AND taking pictures for free despite being the reason they were having a store wide sale. He even signed an extra autograph for my dad and the guys at his business. My only regret is I didn't ask him to take a picture where I was doing pushups and have him "motivate me."

The complete opposite of the character he played in Full Metal Jacket. He will be missed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Man, I feel old.

Do they even have drill sergeants like that anymore?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man, I feel old.

His performance in that movie I think made drill instructors better.

I dont think you can "break" people in the military any more.

I hope that trump/mattis will fix the issue

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i imagine the suicide rate with tranny marines would hit 100% if there was still a R Lee Ermey type there to "motivate" recruits.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, I feel old.

They can't lay a hand on you and they'll probably get in trouble if the XO/CO hears them using racial/gay slurs, but yeah they'll tear you up verbally so hard you'd probably rather they just hit you. Probably less so in mixed gender companies, but then they just smoke you with monkey fuckers and overhead arm claps until, once again, you'd rather just get punched in the face. If anything, drill sergeants are even rougher on non-infantry companies because afaik the majority of drill sergeants are infantry because you generally can't avoid doing a stint as a drill sergeant if you're going career as an NCO.