RIP Shirley Temple

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was shocked to hear - mostly because I thought she was older and already dead myself. Really hard to believe she was only 85.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WTF, I thought she committed suicide or someshit. Isn't she the one that everyone props up when they talk about the pressures of child stardom?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Count me as another one of the people who was surprised to hear this, because I also thought that she was already dead.

Szlia

Well... the last time she was in a movie it was 65 years ago and more than 50 years for TV!

imdb_sl said:
From the late 1960s onward she was increasingly active in Republican Party politics. She served as U.S. ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia and held other government-related positions.
The more you know!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Diamonds are Forever

6a00e008dca1f08834017c3714689a970b-500wi

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ditto, while I can't say I gave it much thought I always assumed she died way before I was born - apparently that was just her career zing!

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ditto, while I can't say I gave it much thought I always assumed she died way before I was born - apparently that was just her career zing!
im almost positive 90% of people thought she was dead. I thought she died when I was a little kid

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
America's Little Darling. RIP and set sail on the Good Ship Lollipop.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The movies she was in . . . can't say I've ever seen any of them.

It's telling just how much movie tastes have changed, you just never see those old musicals shown anywhere. I figure most people have never seen a Shirley Temple film.

All I know was there was that song "On the good ship lollipop "

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
The movies she was in . . . can't say I've ever seen any of them.

It's telling just how much movie tastes have changed, you just never see those old musicals shown anywhere. I figure most people have never seen a Shirley Temple film.

All I know was there was that song "On the good ship lollipop "
I think it might be an age thing, I'm in my early 30s and I saw a few of her movies growing up, probably while at my grandparents place. In the 80s and the start of the 90s they still used to show a lot of black & white stuff (or maybe technicolor versions?) on TV and I imagine people my age or older would have seen her. Definitely not true that most people haven't the baby boomer generation would have definitely seen her stuff as kids and they still make up a huge portion of the population.