Rise of Empires: Ottoman

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Rise of Empires: Ottoman

Genre: Documentary, Drama, War & Politics

First aired: 2020-01-24

Cast: Tuba Büyüküstün, Cem Yiğit Üzümoğlu, Selim Bayraktar, Birkan Sokullu, Osman Sonant, Tolga Tekin, Ushan Çakır, Damla Sönmez

Overview: Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II wages an epic campaign to take the Byzantine capital of Constantinople and shapes the course of history for centuries.

Siliconemelons

Is this like the Roman Empire ones on Netflix, those where awesome (and Sean bean was the narrator and didn't die)

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So This is really good if you guys are at all interested about the fall of Constantinople. It's along the same lines as the Netflix docudramas about the Emperors in history. Netflix is knocking it out of the park with these history shows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Is this like the Roman Empire ones on Netflix, those where awesome (and Sean bean was the narrator and didn't die)
Yeah same cinematography with historians explaining things as the show goes on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
See if they showed these in school I would have paid attention bc of the fighting and random tits.
I show little snippets all the time. I integrate them into my lectures. I can show everything but titties, that will get me fired lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Oh and in private school in lit class we watched 2 movies with tits

Romeo and Juliet where she rolls over and shows her big ol nice tits..

And the scarlet letter? Or the Salem witch movie? Forgot- but at the start a bunch of nekked girls where dancing around the fire in the forest then ran off when discovered.

Lol

Cybsled

Oh and in private school in lit class we watched 2 movies with tits

Romeo and Juliet where she rolls over and shows her big ol nice tits..

And the scarlet letter? Or the Salem witch movie? Forgot- but at the start a bunch of nekked girls where dancing around the fire in the forest then ran off when discovered.

Lol

Ha, I remember us watching the Romeo and Juliet movie in catholic school. Class started giggling at the boob reveal and teacher got all pissed lol

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Ill watch this with my eyes a bit squinted. From the trailer I think they are going to go the route that I've seen every Turkish adaptation of this period in history go: make the city and the last vestige of Byzantium way way WAY more formidable than it really was, all so to make their achievement in taking it some herculean task and therefore Mehmet a super human.

I wonder if it will get into Mehmets bisexuality and how he would have young men (and/or their Fathers, he did this to the last Byzantine prime minister when he would not turn over his son to him for pleasure.) killed if they resisted becoming his catamite. I'm thinking no.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Ill watch this with my eyes a bit squinted. From the trailer I think they are going to go the route that I've seen every Turkish adaptation of this period in history go: make the city and the last vestige of Byzantium way way WAY more formidable than it really was, all so to make their achievement in taking it some herculean task and therefore Mehmet a super human.

I wonder if it will get into Mehmets bisexuality and how he would have young men (and/or their Fathers, he did this to the last Byzantine prime minister when he would not turn over his son to him for pleasure.) killed if they resisted becoming his catamite. I'm thinking no.

This is basically only about the battle so no gay shit.

I just finished watching this and its really good. They should do more of these for seminal battles, campaigns and events in history.

I see it says Season 1 but I dont think they should try to milk these into multiple seasons. Mehmed II is known for taking Constantinople, nobody gives a shit about his other wars.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This is basically only about the battle so no gay shit.

I just finished watching this and its really good. They should do more of these for seminal battles, campaigns and events in history.

I see it says Season 1 but I dont think they should try to milk these into multiple seasons. Mehmed II is known for taking Constantinople, nobody gives a shit about his other wars.
If it's like the emperor series they will pick a different empire and battle.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
If it's like the emperor series they will pick a different empire and battle.

That would be a whole new TV series then

The way they did Roman Empire was Season 1 was Commodus, season 2 was caesar, season 3 was caligula

TV show information provided by The Movie Database