Risen 3: Titan Lords

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Didn't find a thread with search so making a new one. This releases next week:
Platforms: PC (Windows), Xbox 360, Playstation 3
Release date: August 12 US, August 14 EU Boxed Versions, August 15 EU Steam
The boxed PC Versions are completely DRM free, but only available in Europe.

Official trailer thingie, no gameplay in there

They're trying to go back more to Risen 1 and Gothik instead of Risen 2 which a lot of people disliked(at least the combat). They made this video to show this, it's kinda long but you can skip over parts you don't care about, still it shows a bunch of gameplay, mostly combat, and it looks pretty good.

Review embargo lifted on the 12th so for the US release. Pretty excited about it though, looks great, just wish there wasn't a fucking 3day wait for europe.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Looks interesting, will wait for reviews.

I like how they say they are returning to Risen when most of the features have been in the series since G1.

Why does every RPG feel the need to include crafting when it's mostly tacked on ? Are they afraid people wouldn't be looting enough junk otherwise ?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think because it's an easy to implement non combat feature. Those are nice for pacing and stuff, a lot of people like to "take a break" from all the killing mobs and crafting is a good way to do it since it lets you improve your character at the same time. There's also collection aspects(finding the right materials and such).

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I think because it's an easy to implement non combat feature. Those are nice for pacing and stuff, a lot of people like to "take a break" from all the killing mobs and crafting is a good way to do it since it lets you improve your character at the same time. There's also collection aspects(finding the right materials and such).
360 version leaked already.

First part of gameplay

I will be getting it for the PC if the reviews are ok. I was grateful that I waited for the Sacred 3 reviews and impressions before making a purchase of that disaster, so waiting for Risen 3 too. Though Risen seen to have done the opposite of Sacred, in terms of going back to its roots instead of chopping them off. Been a while, but seem to recall enjoying Risen 1 quite a bit. Risen 2, not so much, but didn't hate it either.

Krag

Peasant
That "back to the roots" trailer looked promising to me, I'll probably grab this when it's out here in Urop.

Also, when one of the three factions you can join are is Voodoo Pirates, do you actually need to flesh the other two out?